Are you interested in helping Adobe products thrive globally and expand in new markets? Does the idea of coming up with product solutions that successfully unlock opportunities in other geos that celebrate uniqueness of culture and language excite you? International Design Strategy is looking for a Senior Designer to help reimagine our user experiences for international users.
What you'll be working on
* You'll be collaborating across different product design teams to develop tools and experiences that redefine how our international users interact with our products and content in different geos.
* You'll be working closely with the design research team to initiate international research to better understand the unique needs and workflows of overseas users (in China, Japan, etc.) and take those findings to develop tangible and business-focused design solutions.
* While this is primarily a hands-on senior design role, you will also be expected to act as a strategist to identify and develop solutions that transform our existing products and, in some cases, imagine new international-first products.
* You'll be creating sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and written specs to communicate design concepts to team members.
* You'll be engaging with users and customers to validate design solutions and conduct quick rounds of usability testing, incorporating results into your design process.
What you'll bring to the team
* Knowledge and experience designing for non-U.S. markets such as China, Japan, and Europe
* A minimum of 3 years of experience working in UX design roles, building and delivering consumer and/or enterprise products
* Experience doing hands-on design of a variety of products, websites, web apps, e-commerce, and native apps for international users
* The ability to champion this horizontal initiative to collaborate across different product teams
* A history of close collaboration with design, product management, and engineering teams
* Native fluency in Mandarin/Simplified Chinese
* Direct experience across a range of design approaches and methodologies, from persona development to prototyping and the many steps in between
* Must work independently to come up with your own design strategies and implement design work
* A proven track record of delivering excellent experiences that meet user needs, product requirements, and strategic business objectives
* Fluency in design software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar tools
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate a problem space
* Willingness to work in a loosely defined agile and lean design environment
* Direct experience designing products and digital experiences in Asian languages
* Experience designing WeChat mini apps and/or apps for other third-party platforms
* Worked in a foreign country not your own
* A clear understanding of a wide variety of research methods and deep knowledge about when to apply each. Experience planning, conducting, and analyzing research
* Experience developing design systems, design patterns, and/or usage guidelines
* A background in data visualization
* A background in information architecture
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and portfolio. We'd especially like to see work in the form of case studies that demonstrate your end-to-end design process, and that show us how you approach problems.
About Adobe Design
Adobe Design creates tools that amplify the world's ability to create and communicate. We're a global team of designers, researchers, prototypers, content strategists, program managers, and more who work across Adobe's three product lines: Creative Cloud, Document Cloud, and Experience Cloud.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Adobe is a software company developing digital marketing and media solutions.