McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Experience Design Lead - Credit Card Onboarding
Hi there, we're the Set for Success team! We're an ambitious, collaborative, and fun-loving group of designers, developers, product managers, marketers, researchers, and analysts who obsess over creating seamless and delightful experiences for new & reissued credit card customers. We thrive on our deep understanding of customer and business problems, and our culture-defining teamwork in collaboratively strategizing, designing, and delivering holistic experiences. We're passionate about orchestrating huge end-to-end customer journeys, at massive scale, across every channel - not just digital. We're the guardians of the customer experience from their very first moments through their first months with us, and we're on the cusp of breaking new ground that could define our industry.
What we're looking for:
We're hiring a Sr. Experience Design Lead who will lead a team through strategy and execution, with proven results in delivering well-designed product experiences to market. You'll partner with product managers to define & pursue innovative, human-centered strategies that simplify the complex. You'll guide and empower a top-notch UX design team through discovery research, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing. You'll work across platforms, channels and devices to solve customer pain points and deliver experiences that exceed their expectations.
This job's right for you if you if you're pretty darn good at - and passionate about - these things:
* You play between strategy and UX. You're experienced in partnering with product managers to define the strategy for holistic experiences that drive deep customer satisfaction and support business outcomes. You love ambiguous problems and are able to cut through complexity to present a clear and concise design strategy.
* You're a passionate advocate for great experiences. You're an engaging communicator and storyteller who can sell a vision, energize partners to do the right thing (not the easy thing), and inspire and guide designers in pursuing ambitious ideas with bulletproof UX.
* You're a connector, a collaborator, and a great partner. You can effectively bring business, tech, and design partners to one table to foster the growth and impact of our products, and know how to negotiate the best outcomes for our customers and business.
* You're skilled at managing end-to-end design from strategy to execution. You know the ins-and-outs of what's needed to design and deliver a great experience, and can set reasonable expectations and project timeframes. You can effectively lead a team in framing problems, defining insights, creating compelling visions, making concepts and prototypes, testing, launching, learning, measuring...and repeating. You have a critical eye for great UX, UI, visual, and content design, and can deliver top-quality work.
* You're innately curious - and you use it to challenge assumptions, uncover new insights, thrive in ambiguity, and make the complex simple and digestible.
* You're a top-notch facilitator. You can organize and run an ideation workshop, synthesize insights, lead a design review, and manage negotiations with key partners.
* You're a systems thinker. You love connecting the dots between product experiences in our ecosystem, ensuring your team's design choices scale and fit within larger systems and patterns - and advocate for new patterns when needed.
* You're results-driven and detail-oriented. Because that's what it takes to define & deliver experiences that impact millions of people.
* You're an inspiring leader with a growth mindset. We all stumble and fail, and our culture embraces learning. You're humble about your mistakes and always want to do better - for yourself, your team, our business, and our customers. And you inspire this same mindset in your team and partners.
* You love what you do. You're a "designer at heart," whatever that means to you, and no matter which discipline you come from. You are constantly energized by solving customer & business problems and creating elegant design solutions. You'll shape our culture with your contagious enthusiasm - and that's what makes you a great lead.
What you'll bring:
* A track record of leading design through strategy and execution, with experience in partnering with business and tech in defining strategies and delivering experiences to market
* A comprehensive portfolio with examples that showcase your storytelling capabilities, demonstrate strategic and tactical design skillsets, and show how you have lead partners and teams to arrive at compelling design solutions
* A deep understanding of human-centered design and UX practices, used to translate complex concepts into clear design deliverables
* A critical eye for detail and mastery of best-practice interface and interaction patterns, including experience working within responsive design and mobile native frameworks
* Proficiency with current design tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe CC, etc.) and presentation formats (Keynote, PPT, Google Slides, Prezi, etc.)
If this sounds like you, let's talk!
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 8 years of professional experience with user experience design, user testing, and evaluative research
* At least 2 years of experience managing UX design teams
* Bachelors or advanced Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Behavioral Science, or related field
* 9 + years of professional experience with user experience design, user testing, and evaluative research
* 7+ years of experience designing for omni-channel services
* 3+ years of experience managing high-performing UX design team
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.