Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a qualified Electro-Optic / Infrared (EOIR) Systems Analyst to join the Operations Analysis Modeling & Simulation team to develop leading edge, high tech mission systems solutions for the modern warfighter. We support multiple internal and contracted R&D efforts to develop new concepts, create operational uses, and justify strategic decisions for the next generation of systems.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, innovative, and meticulous individual that likes to attack and solve difficult problems. This person will address complex operational challenges from modern threats. The candidate will develop and execute study plans using all available commercial, government-off-the-shelf, and Raytheon developed computer models and simulations to identify technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios in the context of the Find, Fix, Target, Track, Engage, and Assess (F2T2EA) chain.
This successful candidate must have a deep understanding of hardware, software, and underlying physics that interplay in EOIR Systems. This includes imaging systems such as Day TV Cameras, Image Intensifiers (I2), Short Wave IR (SWIR), Mid Wave IR (MWIR), and Long Wave IR (LWIR) as well as non-imaging systems like Infrared Search and Track (IRST) systems. The candidate will develop trade studies, define M&S requirements, create or modify simulations, execute analysis plans, and develop reports that quantify the value of current, upgraded and next gen Raytheon systems to the warfighter.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Minimum of 6 years engineering experience including hardware, software, or systems engineering.
* Experience with EOIR systems (i.e. IRST, MTS, and ATFLIR)
* Experience in modeling EOIR systems using any of the following : Matlab, Simulink, Excel, or STK
* Familiarity with atmospheric radiative transfer models such as MODTRAN
* Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into a trade studies and analysis plans.
* Able to debug software models to understand functionality and diagnose problems
* Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* Secret clearance
* Proficiency in Linux Environments.
* Knowledge of different Optical Chains and impact to system performance (i.e. Reflective vs. Refractive).
* Knowledge of EOIR detector technologies
* Knowledge of EOIR sensor performance metrics such as noise-equivalent temperature difference (NETD) and noise-equivalent irradiance (NEI)
* Knowledge of modes in EOIR systems such as Search mode.
* Knowledge of tracking methods such as Multiple Hypothesis Tracker.
* C/C++, Python programming languages and software development experience
* Knowledge of standard government developed tools including AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
* Ability to communicate with military experts to represent system employment and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) verbally, graphically, and in simulations.
* Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
* Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
* Object oriented system design, to include SysML/UML/DoDAF experience
* Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
* Leadership skills
* BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
* MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 142703BR 142703 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.