T-Mobile USA is a national provider of wireless voice, messaging, and data services capable of reaching over 268 million Americans where they live, work, and play. In a world full of busy and fragmented lives, we at T-Mobile USA, Inc. have the idea that wireless communications can help. The value of our plans, the breadth of our coverage, the reliability of our network and the quality of our service are meant to do one thing; help you stick together with the people who make your life come alive. That's why we're here.
Sr. Engineers, System Design to work in systems administration position involving management of multiple Unix servers in highly dynamic production and non-production environments. Work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. Provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comPosition Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide advanced troubleshooting for enterprise-wide applications, including billing and reporting running on a Linux or AIX platform.
* Provide senior level technical support for Unix related project activities.
* Use of Vendor tools including Dell Open Manage, HP Operations Manager, Veritas Operations Manager, HMC Scanner, AIX memory use analyzer, VIOS Performance Advisor to build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
* Participate in driving the platform maturity by collaborating with peer Engineers, Architects and Vendors in line with RedHat Linux or IBM AIX hardware and software roadmaps
* Evaluate hardware and software requirements and influence purchase decisions for IBM, HP, Dell and EMC server and storage platforms.
* Configure and tune hardware and software on Red Hat Enterprise Linux or IBM AIX with AIX memory use analyzer, VIOS Performance Advisor and Java Performance Advisor to ensure optimum performance and resource utilization.
* Apply experience building, configuring and administrating complex hardware platforms including enterprise Linux, HP-UX, IBM AIX, and Sun Solaris Unix environments to support back office operations and billing.
* Apply experience installing and configuring enterprise class IBM AIX Power or HP and Dell x86 servers along with layered software unassisted.
* Apply experience utilizing monitoring tools including Openview, Preview, Top and Glance;
* Apply experience utilizing shell scripting, configuration management, programming languages Bash, KSH, Puppet Enterprise, PERL, AWK to administer the enterprise server and operating system platforms.
* Apply experience configuring enterprise data storage in a SAN or NAS based environment.
* Apply experience utilizing Veritas clustering software and techniques, packages and package failover.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.