The Developer Platform enables Databricks engineers to develop the code powering the Databricks product. The Developer Platform provides the other engineering teams the core set of tools for reading code, writing code, iterative development, code review, continuous integration & deployment. In addition, the team develops the tooling and standards for unit, functional, and integration testing. The Developer Platform aims to offer a world-class developer environment so our fellow engineers can do their best work of their careers while working at Databricks.
* Recruit and hire strong engineers in a competitive hiring climate.
* Own the technical output of the team. Ensure high technical standards by instituting processes (architecture reviews, testing) and culture (engineering excellence). Review and drive long-term technical direction of the Development Platform.
* Directly manage both engineers and engineering managers. Provide feedback and guide promotions and leveling process.
* Work to scope and plan key deliverables. Work with engineering managers and IC's to ensure project planning of key initiatives.
* Coordinate within the engineering organization and PM to ensure delivery of key initiatives.
* Demonstrated capability with hiring top talent, including leadership
* Demonstrated ability to drive efficient processes that increase velocity and quality
* Has managed teams in the past with a history of delivery
* Demonstrated ability to work well with other groups (Internal engineering teams)
* Experience managing developer productivity/tooling teams
* Experience scaling engineering orgs from 5 to 30+
* Experience with build systems and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment frameworks
* Good knowledge of Scala or Java and Python
* Experience with container technologies, such as Docker
* Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.