The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Minimum of 4-7 years work experience as a Software Engineer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry.
* Minimum 4-7 years' professional experience using 3 or more development languages or
* Development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead
Software Engineer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and
providing technical leadership for at least 3
Software Engineers. Experience with UI frameworks and technologies (ex. Angular JS, D3, Bootstrap)
* Experience creating and consuming RESTful, Query and hybrid APIs using OAuth 2.0
* Experience with Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot, JMS, Gradle/Maven, JSON
* Experience with building applications within the public cloud (AWS/Azure)
* Proficient with Linux and Window Operation Systems
* Proficient in writing server-side application logic in Java or another JVM-based environments
* Experience with continuous integration development environment (CI/CD/CT/CS)
* Knowledge of core CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization, cost optimization problems/machine learning
* Experience with containers and orchestration (ex. Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes)
* Experience with NoSQL database (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Experience writing test automation (+ for TDD experience)
* Experience working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and backend engineers
* Ability to easily translate technical design options into business and functional impacts
* A dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
* Prior experience in mobile app development is a plus
* Prior experience with automated intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) platforms is a plus
* Experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise base and associate level engineers as needed.Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Understands the creation of company IPR.Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used. Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the manager level. Understands the protection of company IPR.Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions.Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.