What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services business is looking for a qualified program security specialist to support the physical security, information assurance and document control process for a department of defense program within the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance Systems (AEWRS) umbrella of programs. The selected candidate will assist in executing a comprehensive security program. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Processing a high volume of Program Access Requests (PARs)
* Management of the program personnel database
* Provide security guidance regarding program operations
* Develop a full understanding NISPOM, 5205.07 DoD Manuals Volumes 1-4, Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) 705 and 503, and related references
* Conduct administrative tasks to include parcel checks, alarm testing, visit certifications, and assist in the investigation of security violations and recommend corrective actions
* Support COMSEC tasks
* Assist with implementing Security Education
* Conduct briefings and debriefings
* Supporting self-inspections
* Participate in a team environment to develop, update, and implement security policies and procedures in coordination with the company policies and government regulations.
* US Citizenship is required for this position.
* Existing secret security clearance
* 4 years of experience with supporting Department of Defense programs handling classified materials.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, writing skills, and professional image
* Refined teaming skills and understanding of team concepts
* Self-starter with minimal supervision
* Ability to plan, schedule, and arrange activities in accomplishing objectives
* Experience with all Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Willing to work extended hours, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* Ability to display tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with all levels of Raytheon employees
* Experience working with EXIM/ITAR regulations
* Understanding of government guidance to include the NISPOM, 5205.07 DoD Manuals Volumes 1-4, ICD 705 and 503.
* Security related certification and training courses
* Experience with SIMS and JPAS databases
* Working knowledge of Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG)
* Experience working with the Department of Defense/ Government Furnished Equipment and Government Furnished Material
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, or equivalent years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.