Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of our clients and ourselves. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
As an Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise. You will be expected to reframe their thinking and build consensus for Microchip's solutions, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate.
* Be an authority in connected embedded systems, software tools, solutions, techniques, and Microchip products.
* Advise on implementation of innovative ideas and solutions for assigned clients.
* Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for assigned clients.
* Continuously and proactively develop technical skills in connected embedded systems including tools, libraries, frameworks, and other technologies.
* Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve end product performance.
* Utilize Microchip's Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at assigned clients.
* Use insight and influencing skills to offer clients unique perspectives on technology that link to Microchip solutions.
* Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip solutions within their organization.
* Contribute and participate within a global team environment to successfully develop and implement strategies for assigned clients across all global locations.
* Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback to measure ROI in assigned client investments (solutions and products).
Engineering Skill Set Required
* Strong proficiency in C required. Experience in assembly, C++, and wireless libraries, frameworks and RTOS a big plus.
* Ability to deconstruct a product into a system level block diagram required.
* Knowledge of local and personal area network topologies, profiles and protocols (WiFi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 variants) a big plus.
* Experience with internet communication and security protocols (TCP/UDP/IP, TLS1.2) a big plus.
* Experience with web transfer data protocols and formats (HTTP, MQTT, and CoAP) a big plus.
* Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, IoT platforms, and Software as a Service partner integration necessary to connect the total system a big plus.
* Understanding of general connectivity theory down to device level implementations of edge nodes.
* Skills in schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, test and debug are preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record.
* Relevant work experience (+7 years).
* Preferable two years of experience in semiconductor application/sales.
* Technical Skills (see Engineering Skill Set Required).
* Strategic/Critical Thinking-Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges.
* Communication-Tailors communication to the client's needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Interpersonal Influence-Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to drive conversations to elements of value for both parties.
* Networking-Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success.
* Ownership-Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative.
* Workflow/Project Management-Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe.
* Ability to manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously.
* Microchip's non-commissioned total compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base salary, bonus aligned with company goals, employee stock purchase program, health insurance coverage, etc.
* Opportunity to manage technical projects at accounts on an entrepreneurial and collaborative basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.