Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will support All Projects and is critical for supporting the Infotainment and Connected Cars systems. Critical for this position is expertise in embedded software development and validation
* Contribute to technical solutions from design through code, test, peer review, and documentation.
* Maintain high standards of software quality by following industry best practices.
* Design, develop, and unit test mobile and embedded applications in accordance with current state of the art best practices. We expect our developers to produce high quality code. This includes writing specs and unit tests, as well as contributing to testing automation frameworks. At Karma we don't throw code "over the wall" for others to test.
* Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
* Review and improve on existing systems, making use of new technologies and methodologies.
* Responsible to implement work packages per lead or senior engineers.
* Collaborate with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain software deliverables for various projects
* Establish and maintain working relationships with technical, testing and hardware team members across the technology organization.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, Master's Degree is preferred
* Experience with firmware or embedded software development role.
* Demonstrated experience developing embedded applications in C/C++
* Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, team environment (design, back-end, hardware, QA, etc.)
* Demonstrated understanding of best practices for design/code/build/deploy/test/release cycles.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
ADVANTAGE FOR CONSIDERATION
* Automotive industry development experience.
* Cloud services experience.
* Experience with QNX or similar RTOS platforms
* Experience with Agile development methods such as Kanban or Scrum
* Electronic hardware experience
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be required based on essential duties.