Sr. Embedded Software Engineer (Applications Team)
The vacancy is open in our office in Richardson, Tx.
The Qorvo Wireless Connectivity (WCON) Applications Team guides and assists customers from project start to finish with implementation of the Qorvo IoT silicon into their products. As part of the application team, you will work on next-generation IoT products, such as smart home speakers, home security/monitoring sensors, connected light bulbs, etc. You will contribute by writing embedded SW (firmware) for these devices.
Your efforts are highly visible in the end product and make the difference for our customers. Our customers include major US and EU operators, consumer electronics manufacturers and other worldwide recognized technology leaders. You will cooperate with engineering teams of corporate OEMs to develop IoT products from prototyping through to mass production.
Our customers will look at you as the expert on the Qorvo IoT chips, IoT standards and technologies (IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee, Thread, Bluetooth Low Energy, etc.). Using standard tools and by cross-referencing standards and documentation you will debug SW and interoperability issues in the wireless protocol stacks in customer platforms.
What we offer:
* Work for a global leader in scalable and dynamic RF solutions
* Great team of enthusiastic co-workers
* Exciting job in a strongly growing, international high-tech company
* New ideas are born and implemented as fast as you can manage
* A highly visible internationally oriented position
* A competitive salary package, in line with your expertise
As part of the IoT SW team you will provide integration support for our ZigBee/Thread/Bluetooth Low Energy IoT silicon. You will work closely with the engineering departments of Qorvo's customers while integrating our SW into their product. Your focus will be on the embedded SW, either running on bare metal (no OS) or in a Linux operating system. You have the ability to make product specific changes to the Qorvo IoT SW and drive these from concept phase through release to a customer.
You have a strong self-starter mentality and drive for finding solutions to the problems you are faced with. You are not afraid to deep-dive into SW you did not write yourself for fixing problems reported.
You will establish and maintain a close relationship with the Qorvo SW team in Europe and work together with the SW engineers in Europe on firmware, low-level drivers, reference applications and new features, focusing on the needs and requests for our US customer base.
* Experienced Embedded SW engineer (>5 year), with solid, hands-on experience in embedded C/C++ programming
* Master's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
* Familiar with working in a customer-oriented environment. Open to communication with customers, both from a technical sales perspective as a customer support perspective
* Self-starter mentality. You have the ability to find the information you need to perform your job and build up the relationship with your SW colleagues located over multiple worldwide locations.
* Experience with different microcontroller platforms (ARM Cortex-M), tools (Keil, IAR, GCC, make) and/or with embedded Linux (kernel driver development, userspace applications in C)
* Experience with co-debugging software and HW issues, using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, digital multimeter, etc.
* Willing to travel occasionally to customers in US (max. 20%)
* Problem solver, exhibits a natural tendency to anticipate on customer needs
* Strong communicator, both in writing and speaking
* Experience with wireless standards like ZigBee, Bluetooth Low Energy or Thread is an asset
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
At Qorvo, we create innovative RF solutions - we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. Within the Wireless Connectivity (WCON) business unit, you will get an opportunity to shape the future of the connected home and pioneer cutting-edge connectivity solutions. You will work on embedded SW/FW for connected devices in the home, such as smart light bulbs, smart home sensors and high-end voice activated remote controls as well as gateways such as smart home speakers, routers and STBs. These solutions are built around Qorvo's innovative multi-standard IoT radio chip which enables concurrent ZigBee, Thread and Bluetooth Low Energy communication with a single chip. Making it the component of choice for the connected home.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Experience Level Individual Contributor Job Type Full Time Location TX - Richardson