Karma Automotive creates expressive and beautiful luxury cars that are environmentally conscious. We deliver them with personal attention to customers in the global marketplace. Our customers expect high levels of personalization and customization and we intend to deliver on that promise.
The Senior Engineer - Embedded Software is responsible for design, integration, and testing/validation of embedded software for the
hybrid control unit (HCU). This position also supports development of test automation and software build toolsets.
The position includes, but is not limited to:
* Design and implement embedded software for current and next generation Hybrid Control Unit
* Perform software design (including Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow), C coding (including code generation using Embedded Coder/TargetLink
* Support software integration activities and development of software toolsets
* Create and execute software unit test plans, test scripts and test automation
* Support HIL validation (module and systems) by implementing and automating regression and functional tests
* Utilize ALM and issue tracking tool to log software defects and support resolution
* Work on all phases or aspects of projects including technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, coordination with suppliers, testing, data analysis and validation
* Support opportunities for technology development, process improvements, tool development, and knowledge capture and retention
* Specify, design and implement functionality at the "bare metal" level to support higher level application codes
* Collaborate with other engineers on functionality, coding, and prototyping/testing
* Migrate application software from MATLAB/Simulink models to functional code for target embedded CPU
* Works with all levels of management, including top management
* MS/BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science with 5+ years of relevant experience
* Expert proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems
* Proficiency in Python, Assembly
* Knowledge of automotive interfaces / communication protocols (CAN, LIN, UDS, XCP)
* Experience with model-based software development using MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow, Embedded Coder and/or TargetLink, MotoTron library a plus
* Experience in developing software for real-time applications (such as control or communications), and experience with RTOS, understanding of real-time processing issues
* MPC555 family experience a plus
* Capable of hands-on bringup, debug and code optimization
* Fluent in software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development and data analysis
* Strong coding skills with emphasis on good structure and test methodology, proficient in layer- structured embedded software design & development and reusable, scalable design,
* Experience in automotive control algorithm development, implementation and calibration with Hybrid Electric Vehicles is preferred.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable.
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Come and join the great Karma Team, where you can make a career! Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, color, race, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law. Karma Automotive LLC, complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a disability. Valid driver's license may be required based on essential duties.