Genie Industries is a global leader in the production of aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, telescoping and articulating booms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers. As a member of the Controls System Engineering group at Genie, you will develop the next generation control system for Genie's family of products
* Design and develop embedded software that control complex, safety-critical hydraulic and electrical control systems
* Contribute to all aspects of the software development process including specification, development, design reviews and testing at all levels, including operating and testing the machines that run your software.
* Participate in meetings and presentations, brainstorming ideas and communicating engineering concepts to individuals from all disciplines.
* Bachelor's Degree or Graduate Certificate in Software Devleopment
* 5+ years embedded software design experience
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
* Solid understanding of C and comfortable with C++ including STL data structures.
* Experienced and comfortable with Object Oriented Design
* Understand of the mechanics of real-time embedded operating systems
* Familiarity with electrical circuit diagrams.
* Knowledge of electrical/electronic components like switches, sensors, control modules.
* Commitment to ensuring robust software through code reviews, unit testing and TDD
* Experience using embedded debug tools such as JTAG/ICE debuggers, oscilloscopes and multimeters.
* Familiar with developing and debugging hardware device drivers
* Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new complex technical challenges
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Demonstrated team player qualities
* Strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement
* Familiarity with GCC, Git and the agile software development process
* Scripting language knowledge (Perl, Python, BASH, etc)
* Knowledge of serial communication protocols, especially J1939
* Have some degree of mechanical aptitude
* Familiar with building harnesses and soldering
* If selected for an interview, we will request you provide a portfolio showcasing your work or some other way to demonstrate your prior work and capabilities.
* If you have a Stack Overflow profile, please provide your user ID
Location: US-WA Redmond-B33 (HUB) HR
Job ID: 3943
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
About Terex Corporation
Terex is a manufacturer of lifting and material handling equipment.