Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
This role will oversee the Technology and Information Security Governance Program, dual-reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer and Chief Privacy Officer. In this role, the Senior Director will:
* Provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise to drive strategy, build, and implement an integrated Tech/InfoSec governance program.
* Develop, implement, and enhance the technology and security risk and compliance program across PayPal, including policies, procedures, and maintenance of the technology risk framework, associated controls, and reporting.
* Evaluate overall technology and security risk, maintain an active view, and report on the actual, mitigated and residual risk across the technology organizations' enterprise-wide and applicable risk management committees.
* Enable the implementation and execution of the enterprise risk management strategy and program for the technology organizations.
* Develop and foster a risk-awareness and risk-minded culture.
* Validate and provide subject matter support on technology and security risk appetite, obligations/ risk mapping, and control framework.
* Develop key risk indicators (KRIs) to monitor and communicate to key stakeholders.
* Develop, monitor, and oversee technology and security policy and procedure compliance.
* Maintain the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program including oversight and testing of the plan.
* Participate and serve as a SME in technology related projects and initiatives to bring a pro-active risk management focus into solutions.
* Provide strategic and tactical direction and consultation on technology and security risk management.
* Collaborate and influence cross-functionally to drive transparency, decision making and transformational efforts across the organization.
* Direct change management and communications, ensuring appropriate leadership approval and transparency.
* Lead, coach, and develop team members to establish a high functioning and efficient organization.
* Support and promote an environment of team member engagement and diversity where everyone feels included, valued, and supported to do the work that energizes and inspires them to go farther together and achieve success.
The role requires a senior and seasoned risk leader to bring the PayPal leadership model to life. Strong financial acumen, self-confidence and the ability to influence are required
This Senior Director will need to build strong relationships with PayPal business partners and within the GGRC organization to be effectively positioned to understand, communicate, and influence plans, results, issues, and outcomes. This leader will work in a complex, fast-paced matrixed environment, replete with tight deliverable timeframes and multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. This position is expected to act independently and demonstrate strong initiative. This leader needs to influence outcomes, drive data-driven decision making, minimize and address conflict and demonstrate in-depth understanding of compliance and operational risks. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
The individual must possess program management expertise and business acumen along with strategic and innovative thinking and an unwavering focus on the customer. Their strong leadership and relationship skills, resilience and ability to effectively communicate will be key in driving results the right way.
This Senior Director must have a demonstrated track record as an established leader who is equally strategic and tactical, and the stature to build a relationship with business management.
* 15+ years of relevant experience in information technologies, data security, internet and technology industries.
* 8+ years people leadership experience.
* Ability to successfully work at pace while solving problems and driving change, especially in ambiguous situations
* Ability to clearly and persuasively communicate in varying mediums and to diverse audiences, especially senior leadership. Makes the complex simple, the technical non-technical.
* Proven history of ensuring products and services are designed with technology risk in mind (data, security, privacy by design).
* Ability to create and deliver effective training, enhancing awareness around technology risk management to foster the organization's understanding.
* Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge technology issues and implications.
* Proven and demonstrated leadership skills including relationship-building and collaboration skills with clear ability to influence, gain buy-in and negotiate with a diverse group of key business partners/stakeholders including senior management.
* Ability to credibly challenge solutions and reporting to risk owners and ensure that timely escalation of issues and concerns occurs as and when appropriate.
* Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
Performance and Personal Competencies:
* The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas s/he is directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole.
* The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
* An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
* The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful.
Executing for Results
* The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results.
* Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainly; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
* Seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks.
* A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
* The ability to attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, delegate effectively, celebrate diversity within the team, and manage performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
* The ability to persevere in the face of challenges, and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from followers.
* A leader who is self-reflective and aware of his/her own limitations; leads by example and drives the organization's performance with an attitude of continuous improvement by being open to feedback and self-improvement.
Relationships and Influence
* Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
* An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in his/her beliefs, and active drive.
* Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
* Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond his/her own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole.
San Jose, California, United States of America
New York, Scottsdale
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a global technology platform and digital payments company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants.