How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Sr. DevSecOps Project Lead to lead the activities of multiple agile software teams who design, develop, and deploy advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Leading DevSecOps-oriented activities in support of agile-based Continuous Development / Continuous Integration (CI/CD). This includes maintaining short and frequent development cycles, integrating security measures with minimal disruption to operations, employing technologies like containers and microservices, fostering close collaboration between teams, and using a framework that promotes automation
* Serve as one of the DevSecOps SMEs on the program
* Leading application teams working on the OpenShift platform in areas such as resource requirements, capacity analysis, and troubleshooting support
* Leading efforts to build, test, and administer highly available Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform clusters
* Supporting the Ansible Tower enterprise environment including engineering playbooks, training, and developing standards and guidelines for engineers in their use of Ansible
* Working with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and issues related to integrations with other internal systems
* Integrating and automating the program's security posture
* Monitoring hardware, VM and container metrics for the purposes of maintaining cluster health and identifying thresholds for scaling
* Assisting with the development and automation of repeatable tasks
* U.S. Citizenship
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 10+ years of directly relevant experience
* Excellent experience with DevSecOps or DevOps including CI/CD along with automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, JUnit, JMeter, RSpec, Nexus, Artifactory, and/or Cucumber
* Proven leadership skills and meaningful experience successfully leading projects
* Able to effectively work as a leader, in a group, or as an individual contributor
* Exceptional teamwork skills
* Experience working with Red Hat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support
* Good knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications and microservices architectures
* Experience with at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
* Familiarity with a virtualized cloud environment (preferably VMware VSphere)
* Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL, etc.
* Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
* Experience with software security, secure coding, or software assurance tools and techniques
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III
* Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Practitioner (SP) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.