We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry's toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs' software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that's one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Silicon Labs R&D DevOps team is looking for a motivated individual to help define, build, and support the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed to empower the R&D teams (Software, IC Design) to operate at scale. Be part of a team that enables shorter development cycles, increased product deployment efficiency, higher quality deployments, in close alignment with business objectives. Advocate and enable automation and monitoring at all steps of product development. This position is an exciting opportunity to be innovative and influence the direction in the creation of an environment that results in an efficient, high-quality user experience. Close collaboration with R&D / IT teams along with knowledge of, and ability to learn, new and existing technologies is key to success in the role.
Challenges you will solve:
* Seek out ways to simplify and automate deployments and platform changes
* Identify, evaluate, and implement cutting-edge cloud platforms and technologies
* Increase productivity of the team through identifying opportunities to automate and script daily tasks and eliminate waste in existing processes
* Proactively find ways to measure the productivity and success of IT and Engineering
* Cross train other members of IT in growing Unix, Chef, and scripting skills through coaching and collaboration
* Implement security practices with minimal downtime to your constituents
* Build and execute on your vision of the transformation to cloud compute from on-prem environments
* Strive to improve the productivity and experience of our design engineering constituents in a collaborative partnership.
Technologies we use:
RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris, EMC Isilon, Python, Shell, Bash, Chef, Satellite, AWS, Nagios, Splunk, Nexus, VMWare, NIS, NFS, Windows360
Preferred experience and skills:
* Linux server administration
* Proficient with container technologies (eg. Docker, Kubernetes)
* In-depth knowledge of build/release and CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet or CloudFormation
* Excellent Python, bash, Groovy or Ruby scripting fundamentals
* Experience with setting up monitor and alerting services such as Splunk, Nagios, or other
* Knowledge of database infrastructure deployment and management
* OSX and Windows user level knowledge for day to day operations
* Perforce / SVN / GIT revision control
* Has worked in an agile environment and can coach others on agile methodology
* Working knowledge of AWS compute, storage, and network concepts
* Ability to plan and execute on long-term, strategic projects
Education and/or Experience:
A technology related bachelor's degree or equivalent in training plus 5-7 years of related experience. Semiconductor design and manufacturing principles is a definite asset.
Exciting? Come talk to us!
About Silicon Labs
Silicon Laboratories is a global fabless semiconductor company.