United States Cellular
Sr Developer - Service Virtualization - INF001188
The Senior Developer - Service Virtualization plays a key role to ensure Service Virtualization opportunities are met, thereby meeting business needs on many concurrent projects. This role produces virtual services using fully validated test data that covers all pre-defined test scenarios and provides multiple 24/7 Virtual Service Environments (VSEs) to be used by developers, testers and third-party vendors. This role helps maintain the Service Virtualization Center of Excellence (CoE), to ensure that standards and best practices are enforced.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
* Models, develops and maintains virtual services and VSEs to meet the needs of various projects and initiatives.
* Coordinates with development and testing teams to ensure the virtual services and virtual environments have full test coverage starting from unit testing phase through pre-production testing/UAT phase
* Provides full governance of the virtual services and the VSEs, and supports all service consumers across the company
* Maintains the Virtual Service Lifecycle Governance activities, including the Virtual Service Catalog, to ensure virtual services exist for all possible use-cases.
* Collaborate with consumers and providers on development of requirements for services to be virtualized.
* Perform hands on Service Virtualization and configuration setup for services to be virtualized.
* Provide consultation in Service Virtualization, evolving the SV CoE and the practice.
* Create virtualized service models, scripts for testing, and test data preparation for SV script execution.
* Conduct SV verification - ensuring virtual services accuracy, by testing XML request and response data.
* Interact with testers, developers and architects on collecting requirements, payloads, and other data.
* Coordinate with Infrastructure teams to create, release, and manage multiple on-demand virtual environments (VSEs).
* Coordinate with development and testing teams to ensure the virtual services and VSEs provide full test coverage starting from unit testing phase through to SQA/System and UAT testing phases.
* Help build an SV knowledge base - including lessons learned, best practices, tools, and methods and learning events.
* Provide technical expertise for both virtual service producers and consumers.
* Work closely with stake-holders to discover and prioritize opportunities.
* Track and report regularly on CoE progress to Senior Management.
Experience and Educational Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related degree is required.
* 5+ years of development experience, working in a UNIX environment, developing software using various technologies.
* 5+ years of experience working within an SDLC, designing, developing & testing various software applications.
* 2+ years of hands-on experience using a Service Virtualization technology is required, preferably with CA Service Virtualization (CA LISA) tools but we are open to equivalent hands on experience with other tools in the marketplace such as:
* MicroFocus Service Virtualization (previously HP Service Virtualization)
* IBM Rational Test Virtualization Server / IBM Green Hat
* Traffic Parrot
* 3+ years of proven distributed applications development experience in multiple environments using Object Oriented methodologies and a variety of open architecture standards such as Java/JEE, SOAP, REST, WSDL, JDBC, SQL, and XML.
* Ability to develop SV scripts from scratch, modify scripts and execute them.
* Good understanding of Distributed Architecture including SOA and Web Services.
* Good understanding of Synchronous and asynchronous transaction (JMS, MQ series, etc).
* Good understanding of XML and related specification (XPATH, XQUERY, SOAP, REST, WSDL) and to manipulate them programmatically.
* Ability to socialize necessary updates, success stories and CoE achievements to create awareness company-wide.
* Experience performance testing services using CA SV, SOAP UI or other comparable tool) is preferred.
* Experience developing or testing with ESB/SOA technologies such as Oracle Service Bus is preferred.
* Experience in coaching/mentoring junior team members (to help them attain better performance) is preferred.
* Ability to work on parallel product releases, with multiple global QA and development teams.
* Strong organizational skills including good time management, prioritizing tasks, estimating activities, and meeting deadlines. Must effectively prioritize own work, and the work of their team.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with a strong desire to learn and share information with others.
* Effective at building good working relationships with business partners and project team members in a matrix organization.
* Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem solving skills.
* Experience in the Telecommunications industry is preferred.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular