Are you passionate about technology and looking to take the next step in your career? If so, we want you! Come join VectorUSA's growing technical team as a Sr. Desktop Technician (Desktop Technician III). You will be provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge outside of our current area of expertise, to provide technical support to onsite client desktop computers, applications, and related technology. The level of technical support includes, analyzing, testing, installing, upgrading, repairing, modifying and maintaining all computers, operating systems and related equipment. A successful candidate will be self-disciplined, highly motivated to learn new technologies, work well on individual tasks in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
The Skills You Will Gain:
* The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of IT professionals * Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners * Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams * Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends
How Far You Can Go:
* Opportunity to grow and expand your responsibilities within a fast-growing organization * Fame, Fortune, Glory… The sky is the limit!!!
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
* Provide ongoing support and technical assistance to computer/VoIP users * Interact with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring issues * Install, configure and provide ongoing support for usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines * Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems * Analyze operating system problems for the purpose of resolving issues regarding network, computer hardware and/or software applications as well as perform upgrades * Coordinate with Network / PC Server Analysts for the purpose of resolving server and network issues * Maintain documentation files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail * Maintain inventory of IT equipment, licenses and supplies (computers, peripherals, cords, cables, batteries, etc.) ensuring availability of required/replacement items * Provide instructions and basic user training (via telephone and in person) on computer hardware and/or software usage * Test and implement new computer applications to ensure compliance with updates and patches for all software products * Transport tools and testing software/equipment to site locations ensuring the availability of materials required to diagnose malfunctions * Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software as well as ordering computer supplies * Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to The Table:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training. * A minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience performing Destop/PC support * Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc. * Must have the ability to independently analyze, communicate and resolve problems with the ability to work with little to no supervision * Expertise with basic computer hardware, PC desktop operating systems and applications * Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC issues for end users and have working knowledge diagnostic utilities * Must have exceptional analytical, problem solving skills and be able to show initiative and sound judgment * Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations * Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills * High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues * Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
* Working knowledge in Microsoft-based core technologies, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS and file-sharing services. * Working knowledge in MACOSX-based operating systems is highly desirable. * Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills. CompTIA, Cisco and Microsoft certifications are preferred.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.