Sr. Desktop Support - New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
Why this role matters:
The role holder will be responsible for delivering, supporting and operationally managing software solutions on BT's Managed Desktop Service BT Webtop using the following technologies:
Configuration Manager 2012
Active Directory and Group Policy
1st line support and windows performance tuning
The role holder will be able to demonstrate a broad appreciation of IT security principles and technologies and have an understanding of BT Security processes such as BTSECs / SPD / SACs
The role holder would need to demonstrate excellent communication and leadership skills in line with BT's leadership framework.
He/she will also be responsible for supporting real time operational systems providing leadership and guidance on resolving complex technical issues, owning operational processes and ensuring support is provided to meet service level standards.
The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
What you'll be doing
* Desktop support to 150 seat Head Quarters
* Onsite Network support for BT Infrastructure
* Onsite Support for BT Conferencing managing Cisco Telepresence Units
* Manage Cisco Spark and Microsoft Surface Hub Rooms.
* Minor Facilities Management Electric and AV
We'll also need to see this on your resume:
* Would be expected to have relevant, contemporary and industry recognised qualifications appropriate to the specific function e.g. MCITP, MCSE, CCNA.
Would be expected to have a degree qualification (engineering/science) or has served a technical apprenticeship and/or obtained NVQ and/or further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND).
Subject matter expert in at least one core subject and have a good working knowledge of at least 1 or more disciplines:
* Enterprise Windows Desktop Management - Windows 10 (Windows 7, Windows 8.1)
* End-point security and Secure Configuration Management
* System Center Configuration Manager - Current Branch for Business (2012)
* Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
* Microsoft .NET development for windows Desktop
To be able to demonstrate proficiency in:
* Server and Storage Solutions
* Network Infrastructure
* Scripting (PowerShell, C#
* IT Security
* IT Service Operations (ITIL)
* Active Directory
Why choose us?
BT in the Americas is a leading expert in managed networked IT services, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations, such as Nestle Purina, BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Heinz, PepsiCo, Bristol-Myers Squibb, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fiat- Chrysler, Microsoft, NATO, NYSE, Thomson Reuters, Unilever, Volkswagen, Volvo and many more. By combining products and services with industry-specific solutions and consulting expertise, we deliver efficient and secure systems to our customers.
BT sets high standards for its employees, but also strives to provide a work environment and culture that fosters health and wellbeing. Above and beyond your base salary, sales compensation plan and full comprehensive benefits, BT offers high deductible health plans that empower employees to make good health care decisions, with the ability to use funds from a health savings account - to which BT contributes - that the employee manages and controls. In addition to a generous vacation allowance, all employees receive an additional 3 paid days per year to volunteer in their communities.
BT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.