Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing Enterprise communication system that is a hub for Office 365 products. Teams has quickly gained millions of monthly active users since the launch over a year ago. Find more info about Teams at https://products.office.com/en-US/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software.
Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds and are grounded in consumer needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a framework and experiences millions of people worldwide will use at home, at school, at work, and across their lives. Most of all, we're motivated by the desire to create product experiences people will love. This space is going through rapid growth and would love to have you on board!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Designer who has an impeccable attention to detail that can help craft a comprehensive design system for all our experiences. Bringing consistent, simple and delightful experiences to all our customers. Someone that can work well across disciplines, features and product teams, through clear and concise documentation and presentations. Being highly creative with the flexibility to solve a variety of design problems is a must. You need be great at zooming from big picture thinking to detailed design and love doing both. You will be responsible for facilitating the delivery of world-class designs from conception through completion by deeply collaborating with engineering, product management, and other design teams. You will need to be able to communicate your ideas using a wide variety of methods-from prototyping, to providing sketches, to creating fully rendered designs.
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
* Min 8+ years' experience in interactive design, information architecture.
* 5+ years' cross platform experience.
* 3+ years design leadership.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration.
* Experience with any of the following are huge plusses: Human Interface Guideline development, demonstration of building extensible design platforms.
* History of impacting shipping products with your work.
* Graphic/visual design experience a plus.
* A BA or advanced design degree is a must.
* Great at inspiring collogues in and out of your team
* Always open to sharing design methods, process' and tools
* You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, developers, and product management.
* Strong cross-group collaboration, persuasion and presentation skills.
* Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
* You work well with others and don't have an ego that gets in the way.
* Possess a growth mindset towards problem solving
* Good sense of humor.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product.
* Build extensible design systems that can be used by third party designers and developers to build Teams applications and workflows.
* Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways that blend together brand personality, visuals, motion, and sound to create delightful experiences.
* Produce design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
* Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
* Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.