Amazon is investing heavily in building an excellent advertising business, we are responsible for defining, and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products - "always-on analytics" that is fully scalable and reliable. Our products are strategically important to our leadership, finance, economists, analysts, and BI partners to drive long-term growth. We mine billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Amazon performance advertising team is looking for an exceptional Database Engineer who is passionate about persistence data store, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major novel innovations in the industry to fill the role. The role will focus on working with a team of database engineers, data engineers, business and tech savvy professionals to lay down scalable data architecture for large amounts of structured and unstructured data persistence store using rdbms, big data technologies like hadoop and redshift, work with stakeholders to drive business decisions based on these data persistence stores. The ideal candidate will possess both a database engineering background and a strong business acumen that enables him/her to think strategically and add value to increase the support business and the customer experience. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time online transaction processing system and online analytics, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis techniques such as data mining and machine learning.
The successful candidate will work with multiple global site leaders, Business Analysts, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Product Management, and Finance, in addition to stakeholders in sales, marketing and service teams to create a coherent customer view. He/she will:
* Mentor and develop database engineers and database administrator.
* Develop and improve the current data architecture for AWS Support Redshift, MySQL and Hadoop/Hbase Cluster.
* Keep up to date with advances in data persistence and big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data sets of advertiser experience.
* Database & Application (SQL & PL/SQL) performance tuning, plan stability, hints, analytical queries.
* Monitor and maintain database security and database software
* Root cause analysis of production-related database issues
* Daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
* Review, design and develop data models in conjunction with the application development teams
* On-call for production databases on a rotation basis
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.