Interested in driving thought leadership in solving problems for international expansion? We're using science to advance the way we enable customers across the globe to shop for millions of international products. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for Sr Data Scientist who will work closely with other applied scientists, machine learning experts, SDEs, and product managers to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve international product recommendations to optimize the Customer experience. This position requires the ability to dive deep in large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-modelled analysis. Working within engineering and product teams and collaborating with key business stakeholders across the company, you will have the opportunity to design and implement features to enhance the experience of Amazon customers worldwide. We offer a technologically-sophisticated, customer-focused, data-driven and friendly work environment.
In this role, you will analyze and process large amounts of data, develop new sophisticated algorithms and improve existing approaches based on statistical models, machine learning algorithms to solve product recommendations, demand forecasting, and inventory allocation problems for cross-border products. As a Sr Data Scientist in the Global Store team, you will partner with Software development and Data Engineers on the Global Store technology to enhance system tools and business process capabilities. The key responsibilities include
* Understand drivers, impacts, and key influences on international products
* Design and develop complex mathematical, simulation and optimization models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions
* Build a simulation based optimization platform to drive long-term decision making processes
* Prototype these models by using modeling languages such as R, MATLAB, Mosel or in software languages such as Python. Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
* Automate feedback loops for algorithms in production
* Collaborate closely with the Deals, Supply Chain, Selection and Inventory functional teams to dive deep into hard selection problems and develop insightful solutions that enable productivity gains
* Define solutions for problems across Global Store business based on guidance from the Product Managers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.