Alliance Data Systems
The Senior Data Platform manager is responsible for steering the investments made in our data infrastructure to enable new or enhance existing capabilities. This role will require strong collaboration with engineering, data warehouse, analytics and product to achieve our shared goals and the desire to drive our emerging data products forward to delight our clients both internal and external.
Key tasks include conducting technology and architecture research, requirement gathering from other product/engineering management stakeholders and business owners, writing requirements, prioritizing relevant product backlogs, maintaining product roadmaps, providing documentation and training. Understand Conversant's strategic and competitive position and deliver data products that are recognized as best in the industry.
* Meet with end users to gather feature enhancements and validate new platform capability concepts
* Write business cases and cost/benefit analysis based on user and buyer analysis, competitive studies and industry research
* Write stories (or requirements) and maintain a prioritized backlog of platform enhancements
* Work with engineering/data/analytics teams during sprint cycle to validate design and provide quick feedback
* Define KPIs and set goals that align with company initiatives
* Be an internal advocate of your platform and provide all necessary communication to management and stakeholders
* Requirement gathering and user story creation.
* Drive data projects to completion in a timely manner that meet Conversant's business objectives.
* Working closely with product, engineering, analytics and data warehousing to define and implement solutions.
* A proclivity for meeting challenges and unexpected opportunities head on by quickly assessing situations, making a rational decision, setting a plan, taking action, and moving forward.
* Act as a liaison between business stakeholders/users and the various data teams
* Ability to trace data through multiple systems and processes
* 5-7 years' experience working in digital advertising or with digital advertising technology.
* BA/BS in a technical or analytical discipline, or equivalent experience.
* Experience building data-driven online solutions, whether advertising solutions (mobile, email, site, video, and/or display), marketing technology solutions (attribution engines, ad server, DSP, optimization engines, etc.), or consumer solutions such as marketplaces or CRM applications.
* Strong presentation and interdisciplinary communication skills (written and verbal).
* Familiarity with data analysis and modelling.
* Demonstrated ability to perform in analytical/critical thinking exercises.
* Must be proficient at SQL and able to navigate multiple big data environments for investigation and analysis purposes
About Alliance Data Systems
Alliance Data Systems provides marketing, loyalty, and credit solutions.