Job Description Summary
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, testing, tuning, and deploying Extract, Transformation, and Load (ETL) processes and API's for a moderate number of projects related to below:
Datasets within the Oncology reporting environment, and/or
Data sources within the core data model of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and
Subject area data marts within a defined CMS defined Clinical Program.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field; or equivalent education and experience.
* 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, building and ongoing support of data integration services, such as PL/SQL and ETL (Informatica) or any other comparable tools.Experience with Performance Tuning of complex solutions (both ETL queries and database structures).
* Combined experience of advanced SQL and PL/SQL (in Oracle, SQL Server Database Platforms) with hands-on experience of designing solutions.
* Experience working in large data warehouse. Working knowledge of Master Data Management, Metadata management, Data Architecture, Data Governance and Data Quality.
* Acquire and interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts and determine most efficient design solution.
* Prepares clear and complete complex specifications, designs, test plans, and operations documentation from which ETL processes are developed.
* Participates in teams to define design and development standards and processes
* Monitors production processes using enterprise scheduler tools and troubleshoots incidents surrounding supported solutions, including after-hours escalations of major incidents.
* Configuration of Staging, Base Objects Tables, Look-ups, Cleanse Lists, Cleanse functions, Mappings, Audit trail/ Delta detection and Develop ETL Mappings to move the data loaded from stage to downstream applications.
* Participates in work group sessions with users and other project stakeholders and actively contributes to the definition of requirements, data analysis to define reporting objectives and/or metric benchmarks, and review of in progress solution development.
* Understands and applies HIPAA standards and regulations to all areas of work.
* Adheres to standards, methodologies, and processes. Identifies possible improvements and champions revisions with appropriate standards owner.
* Experience working in SAFE Agile or Scrum based environment and Lead development efforts using Agile/Scrum based methodologies
* Experience in designing, implementing and operationalizing data solutions in cloud production environments using one or more relevant technologies such as GCP or Azure Data Lake is big plus
* Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.