Ready to help us transform healthcare? Bring your true colors to blue.
We need Senior Data Engineer for our newly established Big Data Engineering practice. While primary focus of the role is to lead Data development effort of data platform, architecture, working closely with Digital & Analytics team for opportunities to deliver "Data as service", another key element of the role is to contribute towards the best practices and framework to deliver a scalable platform using newer tools and technology. This role requires a combination of hands of engineering (80%) as well Architecture (20%).
Technical Delivery Experience:
* Self-learner and networking skills that are required to be successful in this role given the rapid evolution of the New Platforms and Tools. * Experience indeveloping new applications and features within a scrum team providing
data and data services to the enterprise, other engineering teams, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams
* Experience in building high performing and scalable data ingestion patterns to support multiple batch processing and real-time data streaming. * Work with various project teams to deliver on commitments within time and scope * Work with Platform Operations team to ensure solutions are releasable, maintainable, and scalable * Experience or a good understanding and willingness to working in DevSecOps and Agile Scrum based Software Development. * Experience in developing scalable data engineering platform using cloud infrastructure. * Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment and continues security. * Experience or a good understanding and willingness to include Security at design, development and testing * Familiarity with container tools and serverless technologies. * Understanding of servers, storage, and networking roles * Experience with Lean, Agile and iterative delivery frameworks, metrics and methodologies. * Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement. * Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. * Experience in building processes for supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* Experience or a good understanding and willingness to commit to and practice Continuous improvement in people, process and technology to promote collaboration, agility and speed to deliver using agile, sprint-based working style. * Experience in ensuring the right level of Communication to keep all stakeholders, team members and users in sync and on the same page * Ability to be open to learn, to give and take feedback, to put team above own interest, to excel in team success and to strive for excellence
* Extensive experience to reassess and adjust tactical and/or operational direction * Great communication skills coupled with a strong desire for personal development and learning * Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership * Skills to Establish and Maintain Delivery Based Business and Peer relationship * Experience in managing Service Providers and Holding them accountable
* Experience in establishing effective partnerships across teams, peers and subordinates in an inclusive style to leverage their abilities and knowledge. * Ability to Align with Leadership Guidance and Provide recommendation on team sizes, engagement, measurements to maximize collaboration, eliminating handoffs and high paced agile delivery environment
Bachelor's degree in a field linked to data engineering, business analytics, applied mathematics, computer science, IT, computer applications, engineering or related field is required.
Technical Skills Required:
* 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, experience using the following software/tools: * Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. * Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra. * Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc. * Experience with AWS cloud services * Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. * Expert in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. * Expertise in using PowerPoint/Confluence and clearly articulating findings / presenting solutions * Experience with Testing Driven Development process (TDD) * Experience with conducting code reviews.
LocationQuincyTime TypeFull time
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.