The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. As the senior data engineer for Content Analytics in the team, you will be responsible for discover new data source both internal and external, ingest data, distribute and maintain the data to empower analysts and scientist. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon's current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This role will:
* Be engaged with highly confidential projects and data sets
* Work with and have high visibility to senior leadership
* Partner closely with senior level Scientist and Economist at Amazon
* Independently owning data assets to enable business adoption
* Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions
* Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
* Mentor and develop other DE's and BIE's.
* Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
* Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.