We've got a solid team and we're looking to expand our capabilities by delivering new and advanced analytics solutions to our customers. I need someone who works well with a team and can collaborate with us to achieve our business and technology goals. We're operating in a hybrid cloud environment, which provides additional challenges and opportunities. I need someone that can fill a senior level role, to help mentor the team and drive new solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supporting existing Analytics platforms and technologies, for BAU and defect development efforts * Work with Product Mangers to translate business requirements into technical requirements * Work with the development manager, architects and other developers to create optimal technical solutions * Create architecture/technical/informational artifacts that reflect new and existing solutions * Work on POCs with ability to demonstrate to business and technology leaders * Fill the technical lead role on development projects * Create documentation for system and workflow operations for IT shared services teams * Mentor other development team members on new technologies and patterns * Improve existing business/IT data workflow processes, and create new data workflow processes * Conduct analysis of current systems/environments/processes to: fill gaps, create new solutions, enhance existing systems/environments/processes * Rotate with other team members on a 24x7 on-call support * Some travel may be required
What's in it for you?
* Working for a global company * Working in the Energy sector, focused on energy commodities markets * Create and deliver solutions to customers, that directly contribute to revenue growth for the company * Opportunity to grow within the analytics division to achieve career goals * Access to training for professional development * Opportunity to recommend and implement innovative solutions, that impact internal users and external customers * Opportunity to directly contribute to one of the company's' key growth areas: Analytics Offerings to Customers
* Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science or equivalent required from an accredited institution * 7+ years of experience with Data Engineering, BI, Big Data and/or Information Technology. * Traditional BI technologies: * Microsoft 2008-2017 BI Stack (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS)
* Reporting technologies: Power BI, Tableau, XLCubed * Master Data Management experience * AWS: various cloud services and ability to use the administration console to provision them * RDS, Aurora, Kafka, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Data etc.
* Experience in CI/CD and DevOps for on-prem and AWS environments (TFS, Jenkins, Ansible Tower, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CloudFormation, etc.) * Experience with various source control tooling: MS TFS, Git, Redgate * Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment (we're using Azure DevOps) * MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio) * Excellent communication skills with technology and business counterparts * Experience in mentoring other Data Engineers on existing and newer technologies * Excellent team player * Excellent critical thinking skills * Ability to solution using Top-Down and/or Bottom-Up approaches
* Big Data technologies: * Hadoop (Cloudera or Hortonworks), HBase, Hive * Spark, Flume, Sqoop, Pig, Kafka, Python
* Programing languages: C# and/or Java * Data modeling in R or Python * Experience working with offshore resources * Ability to self-teach * Comfortable thinking outside the box, and not afraid to communicate new ideas
Job ID :
Posted On :
Denver, CO US
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.