From basic research to advanced systems and product development, the Advanced Technology and Systems Division (ATSD) manages complex projects for government and commercial clients. The division advances the state of the art in diverse areas such as surveillance and remote sensing; applied optics and secure circuits; chemistry, physics, and materials science; space and marine technology; and robotics, medical devices, and nanotechnology. Together our researchers create world-changing science, technologies, and systems. The division's expert development and systems integration capabilities ensure maximum impact when technology solutions are implemented.
Our Cyberspace Operations Group is looking to hire a qualified senior cyber engineer to conduct research and development in the field of computer and network security. Our ideal candidate will have existing relationships with key government organizations such as DARPA, US CYBERCOM, NSA, and the CIA as well as experience working closely with government and commercial clients by actively participating in existing programs and supporting the development of proposals for new R&D projects. The strongest candidates will be comfortable working in small and large teams, will have a desire to engage with clients to pitch ideas, lead and write whitepapers and proposals, and identify and solve hard research challenges in the field of computer and network security.
Candidates should have good written and oral presentation skills and be able to effectively communicate their work and the value it adds to the associated project.
* MS or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field(s)
* Must have an active TS/SSBI security clearance
* 5+ years of relevant experience in the following areas:
* Background in operating system and kernel development
* Familiarity with at least one assembly language such as x86 or ARM
* Experience with software obfuscation and protection methodologies
* Firmware development and/or reverse engineering
* Experience with static, dynamic, or symbolic program analysis to include reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis
* Experience with software development in languages such as C, and experience in scripting languages such as Python
* Additional skill sets, such as experience with signal processing algorithms, software defined radios, and software defined networking are encouraged but not required
About SRI International
SRI International is a nonprofit, independent research center serving government and industry.