How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 Sr. Cyber Defense Technologist II or Salary Grade G10 Principal Cyber Defense Technologist G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position. US Citizenship is required as this positon needs an active US Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is looking for talented and qualified individuals to join our team of Cyber Defenders working to actively assess and secure our Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) environments. This position is part of the Cybersecurity group within IT Security charged with centralized global monitoring, proactive network defenses, with rapid incident response to mitigate threats against Raytheon's enterprise network. The role will provide hands on systems levels security administration within IT, manufacturing, and engineering work environments. This role will work closely with member of IT Security, Engineering, and Operations to support large mission critical development, manufacturing, and sustainment programs.
* Provide technical direction and act as a subject matter expert as it relates to the safety, availability, integrity, and confidentiality of IT, OT, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), and Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) pertaining to devices, applications, systems, and components and subcomponents using multiply industry standard models.
* Provide hands on tier-2/3 system administration support including but not limited to installation, configuration, troubleshooting/repairing, sustaining management and maintenance of hardware, software, and firmware assets operating in office spaces, engineering labs, and production manufacturing operations:
* IT compute systems including PCs, engineering workstations, servers, data storage systems.
* IT networking systems including wired and wireless networking equipment.
* OT and embedded computer systems.
* OT networking systems including wired and wireless networking equipment.
* Implement a cyber-secure focused method to design, deploy, and proactively monitor and maintain devices, systems, applications, interconnections, and protocols for safety, performance, inventory, compliance, logging, alerting, patching/updating, backup and restoration capabilities, incident response, and investigation for IT and OT.
* Perform hands on manual and automated security reviews to identify security vulnerabilities and develop processes to mitigate risk.
* Directly support response teams with investigation, containment and remediation of IT an OT cyber incidents, violations, and threats.
* Establish and support standards, requirements, projects and continuous improvements in secure IT/OT integration for production, automation and engineering teams, ensuring safety, functionality, and security best practices in new systems and system interconnect designs.
* Collaborate with business unit and Enterprise level IT/OT personnel to research and mitigate present and emerging security risks to IT/OT applications, systems, and networks.
* Write and execute clear system requirements and test plans for machine device configurations for safety, availability, integrity, confidentiality.
* Off hours, weekends or holidays work may be required at times to support events or projects based on business need or requirements.
* Domestic and International travel required as needed.
* Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
* Extensive hands-on experience in a disparate and converged heterogeneous IT/OT environments across geographically distributed manufacturing and test environments
* Solid hands on experience securing Windows, Linux, ICS system/devices, manufacturing and test applications, and adjacent supporting systems/devices.
* Hands-on experience in managing traditional and industrial wired and wireless LAN equipment, such as routers, switches, gateways, protocol converters, access points.
* Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with the operation, inspection and troubleshooting of traditional IT protocols of TCP/UDP/IP along with industrial protocols standards (Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, OPC, Profinet, BACnet, DNP3, etc.).
* Hands-on expertise with OT systems such as PLCs, PACs, SISs, manufacturing robots, sensors, and corresponding management systems, GUIs, and data historians.
* Hands on experience and understanding of Enterprise IT systems such as Windows and Linux Servers, Active Directory, virtual machines, LDAP, DHCP, SCCM.
* Advanced knowledge of Linux software applications and systems along with embedded platform, firmware, and other OT software applications.
* Hands-on knowledge and expertise in aligning systems to security specifications such as ISA 62443, NIST 800-82, NIST 800-53, NERC CIP, and US DOD RMF standards for IT and OT cybersecurity best practices.
* Hands-on cyber security experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEMs, VPNs, vulnerability assessment, multifactor authentication, and packet capturing in both an IT and OT environments.
* Hands on experience with programing with Java, .NET or scripting Python and PowerShell.
* Ability to perform troubleshooting, fault isolation, failure and root cause analysis and corresponding remediation implementation within IT and OT systems with limited guidance.
* Ability to focus on multiple simultaneous projects and tasks using effective planning and prioritization skills.
* Self-driven with ability to work both independently and as a collaborative inclusive team member in a matrixed organization.
* Strong oral and written communication skills to efficiently, effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical peers and management.
* Current certifications: CISSP or GISP plus two or more of the following GICSP/GCIP, GCFS/GNFA, GCIH, GCED or equivalents.
* Active Secret clearance required to start
Highly Desired Skills:
* 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
* Prior process automation or automation engineering experience supporting test equipment or OT in manufacturing or engineering environments.
* Experience programming Ladder Diagram (LD), Sequential Function Charts (SFC), Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (ST), and Instruction List (IL).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.