Cybersecurity is something Raytheon takes very seriously and so do our customers, from global governments to Fortune 500 companies. That's why they trust us to deliver the end-to-end offensive and/or defensive solutions that successfully protect them from a wide range of internal and external threats including breach, fraud, theft and sabotage.
This career opportunity is for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position at our Dulles, VA facility. The ISSO supports daily cybersecurity operations and successful execution of the Cybersecurity program and assets under their purview. Under the direction of the Dulles DoD Information System Security Manager (ISSM), the ISSO is expected to execute security requirements to include those outlined within the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) in alignment with Defense Security Services (DSS) oversight. Requirements include (but are not limited to) those outlined within the DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) and NIST Special Publications 800-37 and 800-53. The candidate should have a basic understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Monitoring (CONMON) processes. Some key activities of the ISSO include:
* Supporting the development of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts (SSP, SCTM, SSP attachments, POA&M, testing documentation, Policies and Procedures, etc.)
* Participating in cybersecurity sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, vulnerability scanning and remediation, audit reviews, etc.)
* Conducting Information System Self-Inspection, Auditing, and CONMON activities
* Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: ISSM, DSS, Customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
* Assisting with Cybersecurity Training and Awareness and Incident Response
* Provide feedback to ISSM on Cybersecurity policies and procedures
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
* US Citizen with an active DoD Secret security clearance
* Familiarity with the development of SSPs and/or supporting A&A documentation
* Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, including stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations
* Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
* Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
* Able to work individually, as well as part of a team
* Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.) Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings)
* Must have the ability to effectively manage one's time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks
* Willing and able to travel to other locations as required
* Maintain an IAT Level II DoD 8570.1M-compliant Professional Certification (Security+CE, GSEC, etc.)
* Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience
* System vulnerability management experience to include working knowledge of SCAP, ACAS/Nessus, and DISA STIGs
* Experience using SPLUNK as an audit collection and reduction tool
Requires a related university degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
135888BR 135888 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.