As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, integrating and verifying embedded control software for Blue's rocket engine avionics. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of controls software development, including system identification, control development, software implementation, integration and test. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Define and develop control software requirements, architectures, algorithms and designs
* Implement designs in Matlab/Simulink/C/C++
* Perform simulation with subsystem models and analyze system performance
* Create and run unit tests and validate performance in a Hardware-in-the-Loop environment
* Coordinate with hardware, software and systems engineers to plan, develop and perform system verification and qualification, assessing the outputs and documenting the results to ensure software products that meet system requirements and safety-critical standards
* Participate in flight hardware design and verification, including electronic circuits, electro-mechanical components, and data acquisition electronics
* Support rocket engine test
* Bachelor's degree aerospace, electrical or related engineering field with 8+ years of current design experience
* Demonstrated proficiency developing controls solutions in MATLAB/Simulink and experience with auto-coding practices
* Demonstrated proficiency developing dynamic models of linear and nonlinear sensors and actuators in MATLAB/Simulink
* Highly organized team player with excellent communication skills, strong problem solving skills and a hands-on "own the issue" attitude.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Graduate degree in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or related engineering field
* Demonstrated execution developing classical and modern control solutions in real-time embedded systems.
* Demonstrated proficiency using computer languages such as C/C++ and Python
* Hands-on experience with Hardware-in-the-Loop testing and test development
* Experience in full product lifecycle development for real-time embedded systems; including requirements capture, system design and analysis, hardware/software subsystem integration and verification, system integration and test, qualification and production release.
* Experience developing safety and mission critical aerospace systems in compliance with DO-160, DO-178 and DO-254
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.