What You'll Do
The Services Consulting Engineer is an integral part of the Customer Experience (CX) team delivering Business Critical Services to our customers. Business Critical Services combines the power of Cisco Analytics and Knowledge with the best in class technical expertise and consulting (that's you) to drive value, innovation, and adoption in our customer's network. Helping them to reduce risk, drive innovation, and maximize their network to meet business objectives. You will be the customer's trusted advisor and subject matter expert helping the customer understand their network, how to reduce risks, and take advantage of the technology. You will work with Cisco Engineering to advocate for new innovation for your customer, and as a liaison share what is coming with your customers to help them be on the cutting edge of innovation.
Who You'll Work With
Our team supports Web Space Service providers, driving innovation at some of the most innovative customers in the world. The Web space is defining the 'Future of Work' and charting the course of innovation for Service Provider and Large Enterprise Networks.
You will be partnered with a team of talented Consulting Engineers, Project Managers, and Delivery leaders obsessed with our Customer's Success and showing them the value Cisco brings to their business.
Who you Are
You are a CONSULTANT (Yes in "ALL CAPS") you have strong advisory, consulting and interpersonal skills coupled with deep technology skills in Cisco Routing and Switching platforms, in addition to, Datacenter platforms. You will be "Cisco's face to the customer", working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments. You are a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues and urgent customer demands.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Align and drive focused work with customer's business strategy and objectives.
* Present and articulate to executives and individual contributors, the status and business value of CX Consulting and Business Critical Services on a regular basis
* Engage cross-functional Cisco resources to ensure comprehensive, coordinated, and unified support experience
* Drives architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions.
* Assists customers in analyzing and adopting best practices for configuration, software lifecycle management, network health, and security.
* Builds and maintain consultative / trusted advisor relationship with clients
* Performs problem analysis and acts as technical specialist for the complex deployments and provides highest-level crisis management.
* Solve complex, multi-functional technical issues that cross boundaries over many disparate products technologies.
* Participates, contributes, shares in the development and improvement of service offerings and delivery collateral.
* Develop internal relationships with the Cisco Business Units and Development Engineers to further customer specific issues
* Training and mentoring other Consulting Engineers
Desired Education, Skills, and Certifications
* Typically requires BS, CS, University degree or equivalent plus 5+ years' experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
* CCIE in Route & Switch; Service Provider; or Data Center Technologies - Required
* networking environments
* Must have solid Network design skills, with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals
* Cisco IOS-XR, NX-OS, IOS-XE and IOS Software. SP Routing Platforms: CSR, ASR9K, NCS other Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching
* MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as routing, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR
* Prior Scripting, Python, and/or Linux experience highly desired.
* of experience in Professional/Consulting Services or high-level support.
* In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning
* Excellent communication skills to interact with and assist various levels within customer organization. Must have excellent written, oral communication and listening skills
* Self-motivated with solid leadership and collaboration skills
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.