Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI's goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
* World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
* Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
* Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
* Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
* Supportive Management and Leadership
The Senior Network Consultant will be directly responsible for the architectural design, planning, and implementation of the Customer WAN, LAN and various networking environments. The Network Consultant will be required to perform analytical and technical work in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of the complex, enterprise-wide, data, voice, SDN, cloud and wireless networks. This individual will be responsible for creating SOWs related to various customer solutions engagements, Assessments and on-going Health Checks. The Network Consultant will also ensure that the network architectural designs are consistent with industry best practices with cross infrastructure and application platforms.
* The Network Consultant will act as a subject matter expert as it relates to networking related technologies • The Network Consultant must be able to collaborate and work effectively with other Field Sales and Delivery teams• Responsible for delivering on all projects with limited oversight, but still responsible for delivering their assigned tasks on time• Required to provide input on tasks (description, breakdown, duration) for larger project plans to lead architects and project managers• Required to develop and maintain internal intellectual property, a combination of white papers, subject matter guides, reference architectures and project briefs• Required to occasionally help with pre-sales activities including preparing and delivering presentations, demos, SOWs and occasional pre-sales customer calls
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
* 5-7 years Previous IT Networks Administrator/Management experience desired• 3+ years as a billable resource on project• Familiarity with Software Defined Networking Highly organized with strong communication, presentation and consultative experience and skills across a diverse set of network technology solutions• Knowledge across multiple areas of network technology solutions including Cisco, Cisco Meraki and Aruba Wireless. Other vendor product and implementation experience a plus • Able to articulate client needs to build a requirements document based on discovery information obtained• Previous experience supporting Enterprise, SLED and Higher Education organizations desired• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.• A thorough working knowledge of LAN/WAN operations is required. • The applicant is required to have a strong understanding of TCP/IP, switching technologies (Cisco Nexus (7k's, 5k's, 2k's, 9k's, Catalyst 4k's, VLAN's, STP, RSTP, VPC, VPC+, OTV, VXLAN, ), Routing technologies ( ASR, ISRG2, EIGRP, BGP, redistribution, summarization), IP (IPV4 & IPV6, NAT, ACL's, DNS, DHCP, WINS), VoIP (SIP, H.323, G.711, AFx, EFx, etc) multicast protocols (PIM SM/DM/SSM,) QoS (AFx, EFx) Cisco IOS, general knowledge around NTP, SNMP, NetFlow, CEF, Security Protocols, network management tools• Strong documentation skills to include system/network diagrams and presentations (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)• Ability to train and disseminate information within an Area or Operation.• Ability to understand complex technical and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.• Able to support the sales organization throughout the entire sales life cycle related our supported network solution matrix• Able to support and lead delivery of project consultants• Able to work in high-profile and stressful customer environments• Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements• Able to travel minimum of 50% or as needed according to customer project requirements• Able to deliver projects with minimal oversight and direction• Able to work with project managers and lead design and implementation to support consultants• Able to provide technical support to the pre-sales teams for services and product support• Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job-related skill• Able to obtain technical certifications as needed
* CCNP preferred, CCIE a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status