Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI International Corp. has transformed itself from a $1 million "software-only" regional reseller into a $10 billion+ global provider of technology products and services. Privately-held and under the guidance of its current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope. Its organic growth and over two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled, tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment from software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, mobility and IT asset management.SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHI's goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
* World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
* Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
* Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
* Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
* Supportive Management and Leadership
The Hybrid Cloud Consultant will be directly responsible for the architectural design, planning, and implementation of modern Data Center systems (Hybrid Cloud, Converged/HyperConverged, Storage, Virtualization, Backup) environments. This individual will be responsible for creating SOWs related to various customer solutions engagement, Assessments and on-going Health Checks. The Consultant will also ensure that the architectural designs are consistent with industry best practices with cross infrastructure and application platforms.
This position will work remote/in the field as determined by management.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The selected candidate must be able to collaborate and work effectively with other Presales and Delivery teams
* Responsible for delivering on all projects with limited oversight, while delivering assigned tasks on time
* Required to provide input on tasks (description, breakdown, duration) for larger project plans to lead architects and project managers
* Required to develop and maintain internal intellectual property, a combination of white papers, subject matter guides, reference architectures and project briefs
* Required to help with pre-sales activities including preparing and delivering presentations, demos, SOWs and pre-sales customer calls
* Required to maintain total annual minimum billable time thresholds
* Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements
* Able to travel minimum of 50% or as needed according to customer project requirements
* The selected candidate will act as a subject matter expert as it relates to Core Data Center related technologies
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
* A thorough working knowledge of Modern Data Center Systems (Hybrid Cloud, Hyperconverged, Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Backup)
* Experience working with and / or designing a hyper-converged solution a plus (certification preferred)
* Experience working with and / or designing VMware SRM solutions a plus
* Experience working with and / or designing VMware NSX a plus (VCP+ preferred)
* Experience working with and / or designing VMware vRealize Suite of products a plus (VCP+ preferred)
* Experience working with and / or designing complex networking solutions a plus (certification preferred)
* Experience working with and / or designing backup solutions for virtualized environments a plus (certification preferred)
* 5+ years' experience implementing compute, storage, and/or networking hardware
* 3+ years' experience managing and/or implementing VMware vSphere solutions (VCP+ preferred)
* 1+ year experience documenting solutions for customers or equivalent
* Highly organized with strong communication, presentation and consultative experience and skills across a diverse set of technology solutions
* Able to articulate client needs to build a requirements document based on discovery information obtained
* Ability and desire to work within a team environment, and at times independently
* Proactive mindset.
* Ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
* Able to support the sales organization throughout the entire sales life cycle related to our supported solution matrix
* Able to work in high-profile and stressful customer environments
* Able to provide technical support to the pre-sales teams for services and product support
* Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job-related skill
* Able to obtain technical certifications as needed
* Preferred to have one or more of the following certifications: VCP+, VCAP
* Required to have one or more technical vendor certifications from VMware, AWS, MS Azure, MS Hyper-V
* Should have a BS degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred though not required) or equivalent education and work experience
Technical writing, public speaking, SOW creation and delivery, project scoping
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status