How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Sr. Computer Network Technologist II with a broad technical background to support and guide our transition and operational goals. GBS IT is transforming its infrastructure architecture to meet the needs of its internal business, enterprise operations and digital transformation strategy.
* Support the Systems Engineering team in delivering and developing the compute-centric platforms and technologies that will power Raytheon's global network and provide solutions to accelerate development of cloud-based products and services
* Participate in large and complex projects for the delivery of infrastructure and security services to Raytheon businesses and programs
* Collaborate with security engineering to align processes, procedures and services delivery
* Implement and support technology solutions, such as VRF, ASA firewalls, Forcepoint firewalls
* Managed Internet Services (MIS), load balancing, hosting architecture and routing/switching
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, documenting, and enforcing standards
* Serve as a liaison with Raytheon businesses, internal frameworks, vendors and third party providers.
* Research, evaluate, develop, recommend and deploy hardware and software solutions
* Maximizes infrastructure performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architects on network optimization and ensuring infrastructure hardware compliance
* Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
* Reporting infrastructure operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
* Minimum 6+ years participating in design and development activities and a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience in networking and schooling/certifications in lieu of degree
* Experience installing, configuring, and supporting Cisco network infrastructure
* Advanced understanding of Enterprise class Network platforms (WAN router, LAN Switching, Datacenter Switching)
* Knowledge of cabling standards and structured wiring design
* Strong experience of Cisco and Avaya VoIP architecture and deployment strategies
* Industry certifications required
* Experience with IPSEC, and encryption technology
* Strong understanding of 802.11 technologies, regionalized management, configuration and deployment strategies
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
* Experience with data center infrastructure and architecture to support extensive compute and storage environments
* Experience with Cloud Platform, Orchestration or VNF Manager in product planning and design
* Understanding of NFV/VNF and SD-WAN products, technologies, architectures, and vendors
* Programming aptitude in at least one of Python, Java
* Performed on-call (7X24) coverage on a rotational basis for tier 4 enterprise and program support
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent combination of work experience in networking and schooling certifications in lieu of degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Billerica
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.