Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
Sr Cloud Solution Architect
Location: virtual (This is a Virtual/ home based role. This does not report out of our Malvern, PA office)
Unisys is a global information technology company that builds high performance, security-centric solutions for the most digitally demanding businesses and governments on Earth. Unisys offerings include security software and services; digital transformation and workplace services; industry applications and services; and innovative software operating environments for high-intensity enterprise computing. We build better outcomes securely for our clients across the Government, Financial Services, and Commercial markets. For more information, visit www.Unisys.com.
* Are you seeking a challenging role? Are you ready to play a key role in helping Unisys transform customers? Here is your opportunity. CloudForte is a Unisys umbrella offering to help Customers design, migrate, operate and optimize their digital transformation. We are seeking an experienced and hands on Sr. Cloud Architect who can help define, create and scale Software and SaaS architectures as part of our Cloud Forte offering.
* The Sr Cloud Solution Architect calls for a unique combination of being adept at developing Application and Solution architectures on AWS/Azure. The role calls for being very hands on, guiding R&D teams in startup-incubation environment. Expertise in cloud native technologies, containers, micro services in very desirables- Preference is for candidates with demonstrable experience in releasing production code, developing SaaS offers on AWS/Azure. Having a domain in Security and compliance is an added bonus.
* Perform technology investigations to develop and maintain the knowledge base of current leading edge and developing technologies with the goal of using the knowledge to identify emerging business opportunities and in support of existing business programs.
* Consult with project teams on technology and solutions
* Communicate Architecture guidelines and technical details to technical and non-technical audiences. This can include management, others parts of Unisys or customers.
* Lead efforts of virtual teams. Understand regional cultural considerations and forms tight working relationships.
* Expected to learn new technologies and continue to expand expertise
* Participates in Innovation activities by commenting and generating ideas and leading a team which can be multisite.
* Provides coaching and mentoring to various teams working on theme
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Computer Science/EE undergraduate/Engineering degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in Application/SaaS or SOA Architectures or Security Software with last 5-6 years working on Cloud relevant offers
* Certification- AWS Solution Architect or Azure Solution Architect Associate or Professional is preferred
* Customer focused with a bias for rapid prototyping, designing and scaling
* Experience with DevOps and agile
* Understand Product Life Cycle management, with focus on agile methodologies.
* Technical Skills :
* Must be very comfortable with DevOps tools and CI/CD
* Solid Understanding of Cloud native pillars such as Cost, Security, Performance, Resiliency
* Developing reference architectures and developing code based on reference architectures
* Understanding of Kubernetes or container technologies
* Familiarity with AWS and Azure native services such as Cloud Formation templates, VPC, IAM
* Ability to work in small /large teams that are distributed; Hands on mindset with ability to guide R&D teams on Cloud and SaaS/Application architectures for Cloud
* Willing to interact with senior client representatives face to face
* Advanced knowledge of Engineering Concepts/Principles
* Proactive, analytical and capable of influencing
* Good Communication skills
* Team Player, leader and mentor
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good command over English language