The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. The successful candidate will work directly with our business areas and enterprise teams across NBCUniversal to help shape the future of cloud security across the company.
Responsible for selecting, designing, and implementing security controls across a range of technologies with a focus on cloud platforms and services. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will work across teams and will collaborate closely with their peers to deliver cloud-based solutions for the business that meet cyber security needs.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will function as a cloud security subject matter expert for specific cyber security technology areas. They will partner with NBCUniversal businesses to deploy and sustain secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and applying sound security engineering knowledge and experience.
* Ensure the NBCUniversal enterprise is secure
* Implement, and model security practices for enterprise & cloud environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model
* Use strong interpersonal skills to articulate vulnerabilities to technical and non-technical audiences
* Support NBCUniversal businesses in designing, implementing, deploying, and sustaining systems that start out and remain secure throughout their lifecycle
* Interact with technology teams to understand business imperatives, document use and abuse cases, and generate security requirements
* Leverage technical understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits using knowledge of network & cloud operations (Firewalls, VPNs, WAF, Security Groups, VPCs, etc.), operating systems and application infrastructure (Application Servers, Web Servers, APIs, etc.) to select and implement appropriate controls
* Use understanding of weaknesses and vulnerabilities to offer additional detail on how systems can be compromised and abused
* Work closely with business partners to offer expert-level guidance on secure development and deployment of cloud workloads
* Produce threat models and attack trees as part of security engagements
* Determine technical solutions to address security weaknesses and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them
* Escalate and brief senior management on issues affecting technology delivery
* Communicate effectively with representatives of the Lines of Business, technology specialists, and vendors
* Build and contribute to communities of excellence. Mentor junior security engineers.
* 5+ years experience in a technical role with at least 2 years experience running production workloads on public cloud.
* Experience designing and securing applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure. Experience with GCP is a plus.
* Security-first mindset to technical implementation at all layers of the technology stack
* Excellent technical Subject Matter Expertise in an area such as operating systems, network devices and protocols, security technologies, cloud technologies, and/or secure data sharing workflows.
* Experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD preferred.
* Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
* Strategic thinking and decision-making.
* Must be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
* Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
* Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
* A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction
* Experience advising on technical related issues
* Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered
* Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired