INFICON is looking to hire a Project Lead based in our Austin, TX office. Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS) is a division of INFICON that makes industry-leading scheduling and visualization software to optimize semiconductor manufacturing. Our client engagements leverage our extensive industry knowledge and our software products to improve the performance of each factory. Our division is experiencing exciting growth and we are looking for talented candidates to built on our leadership and help us deploy our products to manufacturing sites around the world.
The Project Lead is the primary interface between the client and IMS and must reflect our unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. You are responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and for resolving/escalating any problems/concerns encountered. You will work with a broad range of client stakeholders, the other members of the IMS consulting team, and the IMS software development team to successfully and efficiently deploy our applications to help our clients achieve their objectives. You will train end users, support client change management needs, test client requested application changes, and meet project budget and timeline.
Our ideal candidate would have a strong analytical background, experience in semiconductor manufacturing, familiarity with industrial engineering concepts, and basic knowledge of SQL. Prior experience managing software development projects is also a plus. Willingness to learn our industry, work with fellow team members and with clients, and adapt to changes is required.
* Represent INFICON IMS to your clients both on site and in frequent remote calls.
* Lead the entire project life cycle by developing and maintaining the schedule to meet project goals, defining clear deliverables, determining what expertise is required, and producing estimates of program/project requirements based on changing client needs.
* Work closely with other members of the IMS consulting team including frequent communication with Program Lead and Commercial Lead for your sites.
* Work closely with the IMS software development team including providing feedback on applications, communicating new feature requests, performing QA for new versions, and managing deployments.
* Effectively interface with broad range of client stakeholders including operators, process engineers, industrial engineers, Fab managers, IT, and executives.
* Develop training material, provide on site training, and update IMS Help Site as needed.
* Provide support during unscheduled downtime which may require being on call for nights and weekends occasionally.
* 3-10+ years experience in semiconductor manufacturing
* Bachelors degree or higher in engineering or computer science
* Responsibilities commensurate with experience and education
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Familiarity with industrial engineering concepts
* Knowledge of SQL especially with Oracle databases
* Effective communication skills and comfortable presenting to groups
* PowerPoint and presentation generation skills
* Self-starter with strong self-management
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities and projects at the same time
* Expert level knowledge in PL/SQL and Oracle databases
* Experience managing software development projects
* Ability to speak/write Japanese or Mandarin
* Willingness to work temporary assignments overseas
* Must live in the Austin, TX metropolitan area and be available to work during normal business hours Monday-Friday.
* This position requires travel. The requirements vary month to month, but the maximum expectation would be 50% of a month with typical requirements being closer to 25%.
Benefits and Compensation
* Salary commensurate with experience and education
* Discretionary Bonus plan
* 401(k) match and profit sharing
* Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
* Tuition Assistance program
* Onsite gym
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available