Sr. Capability Delivery Manager
Cloud Strategic Sourcing Organization - Operations Excellence
Business Group Description
Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world's largest online services.
The Cloud Strategic Sourcing Organization - Operations Excellence team is responsible for enabling and optimizing the foundation that supports delivery of Strategic Sourcing for Land, Lease, Energy and Networking through efficient processes, data driven decision making, innovation, automated and integrated tool sets.
As a Senior Capabilities Delivery Manager, you will drive requirements for building the next-generation core services for our Strategic Sourcing Organization. In this role you will be the liaison between business stakeholders and engineering to foster quality technology solutions that support scale with flexibility, while simultaneously ensuring successful development and implementation with a customer focused, innovative, collaborative team culture.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 4+ years of related professional experience.
* 6+ years of experience in program management or product management defining, driving, and shipping software products or services.
* Track record of effectively collaborating across feature teams and disciplines as a contributor or leader.
* Proven ability to define customer-focused scenarios, author detailed functional specifications, and demonstrated ability to lead virtual teams to ensure that scenarios are delivered end-to-end at product milestones.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power of BI
Preferred, not required:
* Experience in an engineering delivery role as a Product Owner, SME, or Program Manager
* Strong business acumen
* Detailed oriented & thorough
* Planning and time management skills, the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines and be able to prioritize work accordingly
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, SharePoint
* Ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment
* Solid knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL etc.) to consume data from a variety of interfaces to light up custom business scenarios
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Proven success working in a complex environment and across a diverse set of business, engineering and operational stakeholders
* Solid communication skills and fluent in presenting analytical
* Agile in focus and communications - shifting from strategic to tactical depending on the needs of the day and the audience.
* Embraces continuous improvement and new ways of doing things
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Translate ideas into reality by writing high quality specs that cover end-to-end customer scenarios, and drive for results throughout the entire product development cycle.
* Work closely with engineers, partners, and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios.
* Listen and learn directly from customers and through customer data to ensure we're making correct decisions each step of the way.
* Removing ambiguity and driving to clear solutions that are delivered with high quality.
* Managing schedules, risks, and issues and communicating them effectively to the team, management, and partners.
* Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
* Create strategy and technology roadmap by collaborating with the team, product and design partners.
* Communication - clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.