JP Morgan Chase
Sr C++ Software Engineer
Req #: 190038088
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
You will be expected to:
* Design, develop, and maintain electronic trading systems
* Use low-level programming techniques to produce highly optimized, low-latency trading software
* Implement new exchange interfaces to support market data and order management on new trading venues
* Enhance the globally used research platform and help to develop and test strategies
* Improve tick to order performance
* Promote global reuse of platform improvements
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Proficiency in Advanced C++ experience required
* Strong Linux/Unix, Libc, GCC, GDB
* Experience with Object-oriented programming
* Knowledge of network programming
* Familiarity with open source software, including Linux kernel/module development
* Familiarity with performance tools is a plus (perf, oprofile, papi).
* Knowledge of modern CPU architecture
* Strong scripting skills, python, bash scripting
* Strong quantitative and statistical analysis and problem solving skills
* Experience with US equity market
* Ability to work collaboratively on long-term technical problem
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.