The Senior Business Systems Analyst - Digital Services Support is responsible for providing analytical support for the business areas assigned to them. This includes, but is not limited to, analysis, design, project estimation, as well as product support and systems administration. The Sr Business Systems Analyst often functions as the IT Partner or Project Manager on major, large-scale projects and provides guidance and mentoring to entry-level team members. This position involves direct coordination with other team members, departments, business partners and outside vendors on project management.
* Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on the business needs, a thorough understanding of business systems, and industry standards * Coordinate and lead interaction across multiple platforms and groups in order to produce quality deliverables * Leverage technologies to help develop and implement digital oriented solutions in support of online financial applications pertaining to auto-lending * Create and maintain process flows, component diagrams, and detailed process functionality * Plan, organize and direct the implementation of business solutions in accordance with company and organizational strategies * Support development, QA and UAT activities as it pertains to system functionality throughout the project lifecycle * Maintain technical and functional awareness and competence of supported business applications, and organizational and industry technology standards * May participate in an on-call rotation that requires after-hours and weekend support for production outages and issues * Provide applications second-tier support for systems issue resolution * Perform other duties as assigned * Conform with all corporate policies and procedures
* Knowledge of business processes for supported business groups * Knowledge of GM Financials core business functions, policies and procedures * Working knowledge of the consumer loan business * Working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups
* Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise * Ability to meet expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives * Excellent writing and speaking skills * Strong people skills * Good computer skills and conversance in information technology issues * Deadline oriented * Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software * Ability to interact with staff at all levels
* High School Diploma or equivalent required * Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Finance or Accounting preferred
* 3-5 years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems preferred
* Subject to stressful situations * normal office environment * Fast-paced office environment * Limited travel may be required to support business needs * Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems