Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jeanie Lynn Bannon
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a Sr Business System Analyst - Data Solutions, you will work closely with business partners to understand the data and business challenges to propose new functionality into the enterprise data warehouse. You will analyze data using SQL, identify and propose alternative questions, and design a data model and/or application data flow to deliver the business capability. You will be required to quickly learn Schwab's business model, business vision and the associated analytical/reporting requirements. A successful candidate will be curious about the business and the data that enables it. A successful candidate will also be passionate about partnering with our business teams and exploring data to find the best solutions.
What you'll do:
* Analyzing source system data, profiling data (using SQL and Hive QL) and arranging service level agreements with data providers
* Designing conceptual and logical data models (using ERwin), creating metadata definitions, and creating source-to-target mapping
* Acting as requirements coordinator for 1-2 medium to large projects, capturing usage requirements and designing the semantic/information layer
* Participating in preparing and managing the project plans, and recommending solutions
* Partnering with business users and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams
* Coordinating data model review and handoff with the Data Solutions development team
* Building deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities
What you have:
* At least 6 years of experience as a technical business analyst with a track record of delivering well-documented data requirements
* Project experience on the Big Data technologies and data pipeline processing techniques at scale.
* Substantial experience in Data Warehousing / Information Management preferably at scale
* Expert level SQL skills and Hive QL
* Experience in data modeling (logical and/or physical) with solid understanding of 3NF, Star Schemas and performance concerns
* Experience using Erwin
* Familiarity with Informatica, Hive and Teradata.
* Experience /knowledge of Project Management with the ability to drive projects to successful completion
* Experience in Agile development methodology
* Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Strong knowledge of MS Project, Excel, MS Word and Visio Drawing tool along with general familiarity with Outlook and other MS Office applications is also required
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-DBA-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, September 23, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.