Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Emeryville|US - California - Fremont|US - California - San Francisco|US - California - San Jose
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported n achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Business System Analyst provides both business and systems expertise to the organization ensuring the business needs are defined, documented and delivered though systematic capabilities. This role engages with all functions of the business unit including, but not limited to; commercial marketing, finance, supply chain (procurement, planning, receiving, manufacturing, etc.) shipping, customer service and quality, regulatory and compliance.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, self-driven and have the expertise necessary to partner with the business to deliver key foundational and transformational capabilities which will help drive business success. The needed expertise will be a blend of business knowledge and acumen along with technical abilities to deliver robust solutions that support our strategic direction.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for delivering and leveraging analytics throughout the solution development lifecycle to ensure the optimal development, implementation, integration, user acceptance, and performance of applications / systems, and processes both within and across business functions. Responsible for identifying business needs, assessing the impact of system or process changes, eliciting and documenting requirements, technical specifications, and providing insight to ensure requirements are translated into workable business solutions. The role is also responsible for conducting user-acceptance testing and providing post implementation support to business stakeholders and end-users to ensure solutions meet the prescribed business requirements.
Conducts or oversees business-specific projects by applying deep expertise in subject area; developing work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; determining and carrying out processes and methodologies; coordinating and delegating resources to accomplish organizational goals; partnering internally and externally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
Project Life Cycles - Knowledge of end-to-end project lifecycles and multiple software development frameworks (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, RAPID). This includes an understanding of methodology attributes such as entrance and exit criteria for each project stage, team roles and responsibilities, and tools and techniques. This also includes the ability to plan and manage activities within project stages and track progress.
Requirement Elicitation & Analysis - The ability to elicit stakeholder(s) vision and question any assumptions or constraints when translating into a statement of requirements. This includes knowing when to collaborate with others or push back, validating other department's conflicting requirements, managing scope creep, and being able to maintain multiple or changing iterations in the requirements of a complex or dynamic project. This also includes the ability to project how changes in requirements or design will impact both upstream and downstream solution components.
Requirements Management & Traceability - The ability to accurately document and trace solution requirements forwards and backwards. This includes the ability to use multiple tools (e.g., Visio, Blueprint, Quality Center) to clarify and illustrate requirements. This includes teaching other analysts how to properly document and trace requirements.
* Partner and work with business users, stakeholders to interpret business requirements leveraging multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify and define business, functional, and non-functional requirements
* Drive business and IT strategic initiatives
* Communicate and collaborate regularly with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements
* Document requirements throughout each stage of the project or initiative to ensure traceability; documenting comprehensive business cases to assess the costs and benefits
* Plan, develop and deploy system capabilities to meet business needs
* Supports the uptime and availability of business-critical applications
* Provide the necessary operational and analytical reporting of data
* Facilitate governance and management of system changes, enhancements and upgrades with business owners and SME's
* Manage and maintain IT SOX compliance protocols
* Comply with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Strong technical working knowledge of ERP (SAP, Oracle, QAD etc), modules and capabilities.
* Hands on experience in configuration (preferred), business process mapping (required) and providing expertise on automating business processes
* Understanding and experience of business processes like OTC (Order to Cash), WM (Warehouse Management), PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), Service Management etc.
* Experience leading strategic business and IT initiatives working with stakeholders at all levels
* 5+ years' experience with core manufacturing / life sciences or regulated environment with capabilities in finance, manufacturing, supply chain, planning, shipping and/or customer service is a must
* 4+ years' experience working in a manufacturing facility (GMP knowledge)
* Experience with Business Process Modeling methodologies and practices
* Demonstrates self-discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance
* Able to complete assignment with minimal direction (self-starter)
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into clear business requirements and system capabilities
* Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues
* Maintains excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of partners (executives, managers, subject matter experts, etc.)
* Experience with development life cycle methodologies including waterfall and Agile development preferred
* Experience in a regulated environment and related standards and regulations (ISO, EU, FDA, etc.)
* Experience with reporting / BI solutions (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
* Understanding of and experience with writing / modifying / troubleshooting SQL queries
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.