Amazon just announced The Drop, a brand new global fashion brand, giving customers exclusive access to limited-edition, street-style inspired collections designed by fashion influencers from around the world. We are reinventing the end-to-end shopping experience for fashion, worldwide, and seek a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to unlock key customer and business insights; come join us as we create the future of fashion.
In this role you will be a leader on the team - providing key insights on analytical and business issues across the end-to-end business. You will perform large, complex, and business-critical analysis to better understand customer behavior and business performance. You will also build global program reporting to share insights across geographies and help local teams optimize their decisions. Across all activities you will continually strive for scale and automation. You will also be a key influencer in the team's strategies, owning everything from ad-hoc reporting to longer term analytical and statistical projects to unlock key insights that impact the team's roadmap. Finally you will have a broad impact across the Amazon Fashion business - creating new global reporting standards and sharing new best practices with partner teams. The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of product managers, UX, apparel designers, software engineers, global supply chain, and executive stakeholders.
A successful candidate will have an established track record of delivering highly complex analyses and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will frequently engage business, product, and technology leaders, and will be a strong advocate for our customers and for the capabilities we are building. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment, and not fazed by ambiguity or competing priorities.
* Be a thought leader on data mining and analysis. Uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our product and marketing investment decisions.
* Own weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting metrics. Develop innovative new tools to analyze data, including use of advanced data models.
* Execute analytical projects employing an understanding of analytical methods.
* Effectively communicate to senior audiences.
* Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior.
* Never say "it's not my job" - act on behalf of the whole company and not just the team. Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, comfort working with large amounts of data, and a customer-service focus
* High attention to detail in both communication and task management
* Proven ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
* A natural inclination to seek the voice of your customers to improve outcomes
* A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
* An infectious Learn and Be Curious approach to understand the end to end program roadmap and interdependencies.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.