Are you analytically sharp and passionate about applying advanced analytics to impact business decisions? Come and be a driving force of the Amazon's Consumables business!
The Consumables* Customers Engagement Team is tasked with driving Amazon's share of wallet, which means having customers to buy their everyday essential more frequently on Amazon.com. To do so, understanding our customer segments, the role of the categories they engage with and the impact of our actions on their purchasing behavior is essential. Meaningful customers' insights allows us to relentlessly optimize the present while inventing the future of our Consumables business. That is why the Consumables Customer Engagement team is now recruiting its Senior Business Intelligence Engineer who will be instrumental in helping accomplish its mission.
The Consumables Customer Engagement team is looking for a candidate who is passionate about using Business Intelligence tools to address business opportunities and turning analytics into insights that lead to better business decisions and great innovations to drive customer engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
* Understand the business objectives, analyze the impact of our activations and a/b tests, and recommend next steps based on findings.
* Organize data structures to efficiently drive scalable workflows.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing reports and dashboards and ad hoc analysis to drive business decisions.
* Lead deep data mining, statistical analyses, and creation of models such as our Consumables lifecycle segments.
* Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data, and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, strong attention to detail, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions (like Microsoft Excel, SQL, Tableau, Redshift) as well as outstanding business acumen and ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with both business owners and other analytics teams. The candidate must be able to roll up his or her sleeves and work directly with the data.
The ideal candidate should be endlessly curious, passionate about getting relevant insights from data, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, and with an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
* The Consumables business refers to non-perishable everyday essentials including but not limited to beauty, hygiene, health & personal care products, baby & baking products, beverages, cereals, coffee, detergents, cleaning & households, products, vitamins & nutrients, snacks etc…
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.