We are hiring a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to help us accelerate our efforts in delight our Self Service Advertising customers. This person will build new business intelligence solutions as an owner end-to-end. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these datasets to answer business questions and drive growth.
To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools, always applying analytical rigor to solve business problems. You should have strong business and communication skills and be able to work closely with Amazon Advertising stakeholders to define key business questions and build data sets and models that answer them. Our BIEs are expected to have a detailed understanding of our business and never lose sight of the broader problems that we are trying to solve.
In addition to leading the design, development, and management of our analytical tools and reporting, we will also look to this person to provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures, strong communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
* Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
* Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
* Write SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, DBs), and learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
* Lead and mentor a team of junior analysts and BI engineers
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.