We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly identify and drive solutions to improve our Customer's experience on Amazon.com. We do this every day by solving complex business and technical problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will lead a program to generate business and user experience insights based off of rich quantitative data. You will work closely with the user experience (UX), product management, engineering, and data analytic platform teams to ensure the right data are gathered in the right way to generate actionable insights into how our customers (i.e. candidates, employees, managers, and HR team members) -- interact with People Tech and HR systems.
The successful candidate in this role knows and loves working with business intelligence products, is comfortable accessing and working with data from multiple sources, and can partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business. Successful candidates have significant experience analyzing data, identifying trends, extracting conclusions, and presenting findings in a simple and clear manner. We are looking for someone who not only finds patterns in the data, but more importantly, understands how to turn those discoveries into value for our customers every day.
* Ability to partner with development, product management, and user experience teams to understand and grow our data analytics platform.
* Ability to create long-view research road maps that impact product life cycles using a variety of appropriate techniques.
* Ability to create systems and mechanisms to generate ongoing, regular insights to inform product development.
* Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience, quality of a feature, product or system.
* Identify the best method, or mix of methods, based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
* Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
* Report on existing key business metrics, ensuring clear understanding of progress to all goals.
* Use experimental design and statistics to assist in the design and measurement of various tests.
* Manage large scale requests and projects to define requirements, manage timelines, and coordinate activities with other involved team members
* Work cross functionally with the product team to recommend ways of automating existing manual processes.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.