Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insight that impacts daily business decisions for Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volume of data excite you?
Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon Retail. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, employ hundreds of thousands of employees, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised we would get it to them. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is a passionate about data and analytics.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer you will be developing SQL/ETL queries, accessing data warehouse, generating automated daily / weekly reports, creating relevant KPIs and Metrics for performance of both teams and fulfillment operations. You will draw insights from data and clearly communicate them, in written and verbal form, to the stakeholders and senior management. Implement reporting pro
A successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, is comfortable accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results. You should have an internal drive to answer "why?" questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, as well as superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he would be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities Include
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Redshift.
* Analyze relevant business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights for improved business intelligence and understanding the broader context.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders and help answer challenging business questions for implementation through technology.
Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.