Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready - just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Our vision is to build a computer in the cloud that is completely controlled by your voice.
Amazon is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who is looking to work in a new space to help define how we use multi-modal data (voice, mobile, desktop) to understand customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
* Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
* Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
* Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.