Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon? If so, the Amazon Global Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
The Transportation Optimization Tech. is seeking a brilliant Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer. The Transportation Opt. Tech. team helps deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper each day, while providing extraordinary customer experience from website search to doorstep delivery. Our systems handle more than a million of requests per second and make business decisions that impacts billions of dollars each year. With rapid expansion into new geographies, increasing complexity of the transportation network and expanding selection of products, the Transportation Optimization technology team has the opportunity to build software solutions that scale and propel the business through industry-leading technological innovations.
What will you do?
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be responsible for understanding and mining the large amount of data, build metrics and drive customer adoption. You will play a leadership role in our team - the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You will have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. You should be a self-starter who knows and loves working with BI tools, and who thrives on implementing creative approaches and dealing with the intricate complexity of large data sets, while partnering with customers to answer key business questions. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit.
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
* · Lead customer utilization research projects to better understand how our customers are using our systems, and how we can continue to optimize it reducing costs.
* · Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL (Redshift, Oracle) and ability to use a major programming and/or scripting language to process data for modeling
* · Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
* Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.