Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot's Software Engineering organization is expanding, and is looking for a Software Engineer for our Build and Tools group. The ideal candidate can thrive in a fast paced, cross-function environment, and enjoys driving improvements across the software build and release process. If you are impassioned by new technology, naturally curious and are a builder, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do:
Responsible for supporting the software build and release needs of iRobot's mobile & Robot software teams.
Hands on multiple aspects of the build, test, and deployment systems, from designing the build / test / release pipelines for the development team to helping
fellow engineers resolve problems in the development environment.
* Continuously improve our build processes and automation to increase reliability, predictability and manageability.
* Create, improve, and maintain the build and release processes and tools used by mobile engineers.
* Collaborate with Development, QA, and IT, to build, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
* Recommend and implement automation wherever feasible.
* Establish and implement standards for build artifact management.
* Support and further integrate automated tests, quality metrics and conditional deployments into the software build process.
* Support and maintain all operational activities related to continuous integration (CI) systems.
* Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
* Define, develop, implement, document and evolve continuous integration and delivery tooling and standards
* 5+ years of experience in Release Engineering or Software Development
* Strong scripting or programming knowledge
* Experience releasing apps for iOS and Android
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with proven experience designing and implementing solutions to complex problems
* Experience in a fast-paced environment
* BS degree in Computer Science or a related field required
* Strong knowledge of Linux
* Strong working knowledge of installing, customizing and managing Jenkins, including Jenkins jobs configuration and maintenance.
* Experience with a cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
Nice to have:
* Working knowledge of Python and Makeflies
* Working knowledge of Git/BitBucket
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.